View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 04:51 PM   #187
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by frognot View Post
My women folks like light smoke so I'm a blue smoke fan (cause a big fan of keeping women folks happy.)

I just found out I might be from Georgia or Alabama . . .

My family did come to Texas from Georgia in the 80s . . . (1880s).

When I started on this group was smoking with peach wood. I hunted where a friend had a peach orchard so free peach wood was available (along with fantastic peaches).

Then started hunting in Arkansas and hickory wood was available. So I then started smoking with hickory.

Then my son brought me a truckload of pecan wood for Father's Day a few years ago and
. . . you got it . . . I then switched to pecan.

Recently restocked my pecan stash when in Arkansas and my hunting partner found a pecan tree down.
Was kinda hoping to score some free hickory wood that trip.

After looking at all that guess I'm mostly just a cheap farker.
Lmfao! I'll be a cheap, keep the women (family) Farker with you. I get my pecan free when the farms prune the tress in January or so. I will stop and pick up limbs from fallen mesquite trees, I will pick up fruit wood wherever I can find it. I have gone to the city dump and come back with mulberry, plum, pecan, mesquite and even oak. People just don't know what the hell they are throwing away!

Too funny.

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->