BBQ Competitions in my area

J

JussBuss

I hope this is in the right area.

I live in South East Texas and was wondering how I can find out about local competitions in my area.

I hear that they dont DO barbecue in Texas....
Heard wrong, we step it up in Texas, that's what you heard. You must have mis-remembered.
JussBuss, I just PM'd you, give me a shout, your in my neck of the woods.

Last edited:
Got a cookoff in Beaumont coming up on August 2-3, then another at the same place October 18-19(this is at the Elks Club); just had one there on May 17-18. There's several more nearby - check out the IBCA schedule at http://www.ibcabbq.org for the Third Coast Pit (TC).

Lynn.

Actually, TEXAS invented BBQ and CHILI and the rest of the world is trying to catch up. Ain't gonna happen, we just keep move\ing the goal post :p

Check out Gulf Coast, Lone Star, IBCA and there appears to be a KCBS coming to Huntsville next year. There is also Midland, El Paso, Bedford. The last two are coming up later this year. I mean, since Texas is such a small state, going to El Paso is not that far. Hell, I went there last year and had a great time, just didn't go near the border. Would go back this year but Midwest City is the same week end.

Back