View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #80
Smoke'n Ice
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmprantz View Post
Is it the opinion of some that if some one throws enough money your way, you lose all rights to openly question or critique him? I don't argue that this is Walmart's party. They can bring whatever toys they want, allow whomever they want to play, and take them home whenever they see fit. I also agree that no one is required to play, but I don't think it means that people should be made to feel badly for voicing opinions that aren't complete praise. Whether or not you feel that this is good for KCBS or BBQ, and whether or not you participate, you should be allowed to speak your mind, especially if you do it respecfully.

Just my humble opinion,

dmp
I agree whole heartly. It just how it happens that can be taken wrong. As an example a previous poster could have worded it differently and would have garnered support from a bunch of us.

Instead of
"The proposed Sam's contest in Baton Rouge, LA is 16 miles from an eleven-year old contest that raises money for St. Jude and the Dream Day Foundation. This established sanctioned contest (not with KCBS) has had anywhere from 35-61 teams. It is obvious to me that KCBS and Sam's do not understand BBQ in Louisiana. This is why KCBS needs some type of regional representation! The farther you get from KCMO, the less KCBS cares about BBQ, judges, or cooks. Here, I am using the phrase KCBS to mean the 20-50 people associated with the office, board, and other insiders, not the 15,000 plus other members."

It could have read "The proposed Sam's contest in Baton Rouge, LA is 16 miles from an eleven-year old contest that raises money for St. Jude and the Dream Day Foundation. This established sanctioned contest (not with KCBS) has had anywhere from 35-61 teams. I wonder if anyone knows or has thought of this. Whom should I contact to discuss this with a possiblilty to change the date or location?"

I think that this would at least get discussion and consideration at MMA and Sam's but might not get the desired results.

I was, in the 70 plus years of my life, taught that you are a part of the solution or you are the problem and to never present a problem without a proposed solution. It gets the ball rolling so to speak.

Just my .02 and thank you for at least reading.
Smoke'n Ice is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->