• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Mini WSM Appreciation Thread

Here's mine:
orange wsm.jpg
(Go Giants!)

And the one I made my brother for Christmas:
Green Mini WSM.jpg

And here they are smoking away in perfect harmony:
Mini WSMs Smoking.jpg

Trumpstylz, Howdy;

The Smokey joe fits the pot well?

Sorry in my excitement I for that part.
Yes, the bottom of the pot fits like it was made for it.
The tpo has a small gap, the outer lip of the lid sticks out
from the pot maybe 1/8th to 5/32thsall the way around. When I do the break-in I'll see if I need a thin roll of aluminun foil to close the gap or not.
I'll post resultswhen I have them.

hank

Here is my first cook on my "mighty" mini... a 12.75 lb. brisket... yes, a brisket.

I folded it over so that it would fit.

This is the result:

P1010006.jpg

The mini-WSM is pretty damned awesome... it will be even more awesome the next time I cook on it since my Maverick ET-732 is en route according to Amazon.com!

I have a 10lb brisket that is about 1" too long. did you fold your flat under or over to make it fit? I was thinking I could fold my flat under until I get enough shrinkage to make it fit. any suggestions

Those look great! Is there by chance any links or photos pertaining to building one of these? would love to see the interior.

Had I gone through the whole thread I would have seen most of what I was looking for lol.

Last edited:
QUOTE=Enkidu;2151993]Since I didn't take any pics of my brisket on my mini, I'll just show you what I saw bigabyte do in his brisket tutorial. I basically just did the same thing:

22_Raw_OnCooker.jpg
[/QUOTE]

this answers my question about cooking a brisket on a mini.

Heres Mine

471.jpg

You can check out the complete build thread by clicking the link in my sig.

The main thing I did differently was creating a lip out of the lid to add to the stability.

Painted my pot black to match today. Kind of embarrassing to post this basic paint job after the above flamed beauty lol. Oh well, here she is:
42E0C83E-F9A4-4BEB-ADE3-AB11B31361D1-4473-00000490EE87984C.jpg

We cooked MOINK Balls on one of the kid's Mini WSMs today. Very happy with the way it worked.
I think I need to put bigger holes in the can that covers the bottom vent holes though. Even with everything wide open it didn't want to go above 225 or so.

We cooked MOINK Balls on one of the kid's Mini WSMs today. Very happy with the way it worked.
I think I need to put bigger holes in the can that covers the bottom vent holes though. Even with everything wide open it didn't want to go above 225 or so.

Are you using a terracotta saucer as a heatsink? If you try it without it first. If you arent, definitely put bigger holes into the bottom.

My buddy was using a pie pan in his and said he couldn't get temps above 175. Once he removed the pie pan his temps shot up.

If you want to use two racks on the mini, what are the recommended heights?
I did 1" and 5" from the lip of the pot. That gave me 2 cooking grates with 4" of clearance each.

Are you using a terracotta saucer as a heatsink? If you try it without it first. If you arent, definitely put bigger holes into the bottom.
No saucer, the entire bottom is cut out. We're using SJSs so there is an empty chicken can over the bottom vent. Probably needs more holes for better airflow and a charcoal ring.

Back