everglade rub

Wolverine

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used this rub? I saw on another thread of 100 best rubs and it came in first. looked it up and the site dont give much info

Its been awhile since I tried it but not that impressed. Its readily available in florida so based upon other responses I might give it another try since I'm cooking a lot more now.

I think that may be Jimmy Brod's, aka smokincracker on The Brethren.

He is one of the best, and a heck of a nice guy.

I was given a container of it quite a few years ago. It was so full of MSG at that time I only used it once but, it tasted good.
They now have one that has no MSG that I haven't tried yet.
Watch which one you get if you can't do MSG anymore like me.

I love Everglades seasoning. I have only tried the original (with the MSG). I have used it with good success on tri-tip and beef ribs. I have not tried it on pork or chicken. I intend to try it on some spare ribs in the near future.

I like it, too. I spend the winter in south Florida and always bring home 2 or 3 containers. It is real good on beef. The Hendry County Cattlemens Assoc.(Fl) use it exclusively when cooking steaks for groups
Haven't tried the spicy one. Haven't seen it anywhere but Florida.

I'm disappointed with this rub, even bought a few versions of it if I remember correctly. Tastes like thanksgiving stuffing spice...lots of sage.

Back