Better Late Than Never - Turkey PRON

Bogus Chezz Hawg

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Just getting around to posting these. My stomach has been too full and I couldn't reach the keyboard 'til today! LOL :lol:

I did 8 birds totaling 136 Lbs. All were brined and turned out great. They went in the cooker at various times according to friends and neighbors dinnertime schedules. I smoked them with apple to an internal of 120 degrees (breasts) and sent them home with my friends to finish in their ovens. I call this process Par-B-Q (Partial Bar-B-Q). The oven crisps the skin nicely. I only took photos while the birds were in the cooker. Please ignore the beer cans and shot glasses in the photos as I don't condone drinking alcohol :icon_clown, YEAH RIGHT!!!!

DSC02238.JPG
DSC02239.JPG
DSC02240.JPG
DSC02241.JPG

Lookin' fine...I'll bet a little oven work gave 'em a nice golden tan on top of that and they were perfect! And you really don't look drunk as hell in that last pic ... really! :mrgreen:

BTW, love Ft. Collins and that whole area. Used to go that way every year for vacation in the '70s. We'd stay in Drake, do some trout fishing, before it got washed away.

That's a fine lookin' pile of birds you got there. The Old Chubb looks good too. Nice job, Jeffro.

Mmmmmm.... nice looking flock. :-D

Lookin' fine...I'll bet a little oven work gave 'em a nice golden tan on top of that and they were perfect! And you really don't look drunk as hell in that last pic ... really! :mrgreen:

BTW, love Ft. Collins and that whole area. Used to go that way every year for vacation in the '70s. We'd stay in Drake, do some trout fishing, before it got washed away.

They were perfect, thanks! I wasn't too drunk in the last picture, but my speech was slurred a couple of hours later :icon_smil. That's why there are no pictures after I took the birds out of the cooker. LOL

Ft. Collins is a great place to BBQ (aka live). I moved here 3 years ago from southern Cal. by choice.

Back