Concrete Smoker, Grill, Pizza Oven...???

Thats too bad. I guess if it did work you would need to store it somewhere dry.

If you are going to buy an egg stay away from the cheap copies. I bought on from Bayou Classic and have had to repair the top and hinge (they don't stand behind the warranty).

concrete strength is good in compression, but not in tension. it cracks to relive the tension (so do i). quick, large temperature changes put a lot of stress on the concrete. maybe try it with a pipe reinforced with wire fabric. the steel takes the tension. or you could just get an egg! :biggrin:

concrete strength is good in compression, but not in tension. it cracks to relive the tension (so do i). quick, large temperature changes put a lot of stress on the concrete. maybe try it with a pipe reinforced with wire fabric. the steel takes the tension. or you could just get an egg! :biggrin:

Thanks for the techno-speak bro...:p I'm already workin' on another plan involving fire bricks, easy form tubes, and hi-temp furnace cement. It came to me in a daydream so don't anyone hold their breath waiting on this idea to come to fruition...I'll probably have an egg by then! :biggrin:

So it's cracked. BFD. It needed some "character" anyway.

Back