• Iron Chef

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigBarry

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Folks,

Jim McGrath from the Merrimack, NH contest asked that I put this up to get some feedback on grilling items for contests. Please add anything you feel would be good to the thread.

Thanks!

Kabobs
Mushrooms

What happened to your list ? Ahh now it's a poll.

I voted for burgers, think of the possibilities........salmon,beef,pork,spam......ummmmmm spam burgers......

burgers are alot of fun. I was at a comp that the burger was 'open', you can do what you wanted as long as you added NO other meats,poultry,fish,seafood, crustacean, etc.

Open faced or bunned and can be served in a box or plated. The entries were crazy.!

I think the pizza possibilities are pretty much endless.

I think the Iron Chef should be one. It allows you to get food vendor/sponsors to suppply the ingredient and affords the most on the spot creativity (and possible disasters!).

I did one and it wasnt like the food network show. you didnt have to highlite the items just use them, If it followed the food net. show guide lines I would love to do it again. BUT when given corn,fish and sweet potatos and you turn in scallops,lobster and shrimp "salad", it really isnt the same as what I think of as the Iron Chef!!not sure if they even used what they were given.
I think the Iron Chef should be one. It allows you to get food vendor/sponsors to suppply the ingredient and affords the most on the spot creativity (and possible disasters!).

is shrimp fish?
:biggrin:

seriously, I really like doing steak, and fish (even though I am not really good at the fish,..... yet) and one of my faves on the grill is lamb so I am always goign to vote for that.

burgers could be cool but I could see where there could be so many variables that it may be a major headache for an organizer.....just thinking how the hell am I getting 6 of those in the box? lol

sausage is cool but IMO turns into more of a sausage making contest than really a grilling thing

I would be psyched about burgers. I think it's up to the team to know how big to make them to fit and I feel they should be served naked, no bun.

Pizza sounds really cool, too. Slices or personal rounds.

Keep up the input!

Pizza sounds really cool, too. Slices or personal rounds.

Last year in Maine the organizer supplied small pizza boxes for our pizza turn in. That was a fun category.
10thplace.jpg

For the record, I was lucky enough to try a piece of that pizza above and it was awesome....

I would love to do a gasser contest with burgers.
I agree supply each team w/items like peppers, onions ect.

For the record, I was lucky enough to try a piece of that pizza above and it was awesome....

as good as I am sure it was I don't like the pizza idea. I just think that when you do that its a pizza comp not grilling comp.

I like the one ingredient categories better.

I plan on doing my signature pork loin for my first Anything Butt comp.

Back