Discussion Thread -> "The Chucky Challenge!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Please accept this Official Entry into "The Chucky Challenge!" TD.

This is my official entry called "Almost Pho".

I adore Vietnamese pho. Buccaneer sent me a recipe last year and I remembered him saying brisket was fabulous in it. Why not chuck? I found a nice 5 kg traditionally-raised blade roast in the freezer and seasoned it with Chinese 5 spice, granulated garlic and sea salt. It waited on the counter while my kamado came up to temperature and the smell of the spices mingling with the meat was something I've not experienced before. How could something raw smell so good to me sitting a room away? And once out of the kamado I licked what got on my finger and wow, it was good! Unbelievably good! I was looking forward to the next step, making the broth for pho, but that step never arrived. Crazy, crazy week and weekend and time's up, there will be no pho for this TD. :tsk: Rather than abandon this altogether I decided to enter the chuckie as is and hopefully this week I can complete the broth, pull the sliced chuck out of the freezer and make a bowl of what I'm expecting to be really good pho. Better a good beginning than nothing at all, right?

Please use the photo below for voting.

Thanks for looking!

Please accept this as my entry into the Chucky Challenge Throwdown.

After the it reach an internal temperature of 165 I placed it on the bed of veggies.

I then covered the pan with foil and placed it back on the kamado along with some appetizers. I cranked up the temp to 325 and let it cook for another 2 hours.

After 2 hours the IT was 209 so I removed the foil.

And pulled it apart and let it cook for another hour to reduce the liquids.

Here it is ready to eat.

I warmed up some tortillas and proceeded to make tacos.

And enjoyed them with a Stockyard Oatmeal Stout.

Please use this (below) as my entry picture.

The entire cook story can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180897

Sorry... It's been one of those days... I'm working on the poll thread now.

If anyone complains...

Oh... Looky there ^^^^

Want a new job at the Brethren, Dave? :twisted:

:becky:

I could never live up to the job you and Moose do :hail:

But thanks for the offer, I'll just be over there in the PB :bolt:

Sorry... It's been one of those days... I'm working on the poll thread now.

If anyone complains...

Oh... Looky there ^^^^

Want a new job at the Brethren, Dave? :twisted:

:becky:

fa3e19ffd513583d5f7ae60382262d9a0505d72589cd2374af2b2a7de75e057d.jpg

Z

Back