I've been learning for over a yr...

ebstein

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I've been thinking about a uds for over a year. I had a smoker a few yrs ago that I made out of a fuel take from an old ford pickup. Then, a family member got a Bradley so away went the fuel tank. I started to burn out a food grade barrel, and came across this on Craigslist..
I'm still going to finish the other one though...

Not bad for 50$, eh???

Thanks. When I saw the basket, and the guy said it was professionally made, I was there within an hour. The barrel is rough, the grate bolts are off center by about an inch all around, but I only had to add the intakes, gasket, and thermometer.
He even through in the weber top. Originally it had a flat top, but he said he was going to sell another smoker, so I made an offer...

My other one has all the holes drilled straight, seeing that I measured it out and drew straight lines... Pictures of that build to come..

What does "Professionally Made" really mean? You know how to shape metal & use a Welder:confused: Damit I'm now a professional metal worker too.:shock: Next thing you know they will want me to join a Trade Union:doh:

What does "Professionally Made" really mean? You know how to shape metal & use a Welder:confused: Damit I'm now a professional metal worker too.:shock: Next thing you know they will want me to join a Trade Union:doh:

I can weld too...the guy had it welded at a welding shop...hence, professionally made..from people that weld for a living..

Back