BBQ'ed Lemonade

Pyrotech

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I came across an interesting recipe the other day, and I had to give it a try, BBQ Lemonade.

Lemon1.jpg

10 lemons, and 2 limes where cut in half and Dipped in sugar.

Lemon2.jpg

The Lemons and Limes where placed on a disposable grill liner, and smoked with a bit of Cherry wood. everything was cooked until the sugars, started to Caramelize.

Lemon3a.jpg

The smell of the lemons and limes after coming off the smoker was flat out amazing.

Lemon5.jpg

I made up a simple syrup with 2 cups water and 3 cups white sugar, squeezed the lemons and limes into the syrup, and floated 3 thin lemon wheels and 2 lime wheels on top.

Water was added to reach 1 gallon.

I agree - it looks great. How'd it turn out? Did the smoke add anything?

turned out really good in my opinion, I know it didn't take long to drink the gallon we made. I will be making this alot over the summer.

it only took about 5 - 10 minutes or so, I kept moving the the lemon halfs so that they would get an even heat.

I happened to see a grilled lemonade recipe the other day, and today on a cooking show they were making grilled lemon vinaigrette (to finish grilled chicken with on the plate). They seemed to be saying that the grilling intensified the flavor and mellowed it at the same time (took the edge off the acidity).

I happened to see a grilled lemonade recipe the other day, and today on a cooking show they were making grilled lemon vinaigrette (to finish grilled chicken with on the plate). They seemed to be saying that the grilling intensified the flavor and mellowed it at the same time (took the edge off the acidity).

Next batch I am going to try with out adding the simple syrup to first, I want to see how much the smoking/grilling added to the natural sweetness. the gallon we made only lasted about 10 minutes before it was gone. I have already gotten request for more from everyone that tried it.

Add a little cherry juice to that and it'll really knock your socks off.

Use some pure maple syrup instead of sugar for a special taste...good stuff!

Add Deep eddy sweet tea flavored vodka and you have a John Daily

Try to add a sprig of rozemary next time...it will not dissapoint.
If you have to much smoke Phlavour add bourbon or something.

I've been thinking about grilling some lemons and trying them in a tom collins. Lemonade and vodka sounds good too. :grin:

Back