BGE: XXL (Double XL) introduced today

I can't imagine lifting the lid on that thing. The XL is uncomfortable to open at best, and I've seen people who can't even muster the strength to get it open. It had better have some sort of counter-weight to fix that issue!

The more I read about this the more disappointed I become.

They are obviously looking to see if there is enough interest to start production.

I hope there is!! I could see getting one!!

BGE Corp, if your reading this thread you have my vote. Love to know what you will have to charge to produce them. That would really be the the make or break for this product!! Fill us in if that's possible on retail prices!!

All I can say is, why. BGE is kinda like MS, the XL needed to have the Plate Setter and FR redone. Then I think they redesigned the Dome to funnel more like the large. Did they send out redesigned Domes to those that wanted them, I am not sure, The XL at design can be a beast to control on High Heat Cooks, at least to me,,, Maybe another update will fix it...

So I'm guessing the 29 inch is the outside diameter and the actual grate is 26 inches? 29 would just be overkill IMO.

From that article, it sounds like they are gong to go through with it!!
But, it was introduced at a trade show and if they do not get enough positive responses from there dealers committing to buy them and stock them to sell, the whole project could be killed.
Just some info iv'e acquired over the years being in New Product Development.
Im thinking on call ing a BGE dealer today to see what they are saying about pricing and when we might see them on the market? Like shipping dates and stuff like that!!

I have a dealer making some phone calls for me now.
He said He new some people that were at the trade show.
Said to call back in one half hr.

Will let you know soon!!

This is what I found out.

The reps are saying it will go into production but nobody knows when or what the cost will be yet.

My personal opinion. There still trying to get a feel for how big the interest will be and this product could be killed at any time if they cant get the cost to a place where they feel they will make money Especially if they don't get the orders they hoped for.

BUT, they are pushing it as hard as they can in hope of drawing enough attention so they can pull the trigger.

We will just have to wait and see!!

I think it will go live, I just doubt they will make one that works as well as the large. Just seems to be the sweet spot for size.

This is what I found out.

The reps are saying it will go into production but nobody knows when or what the cost will be yet.

My personal opinion. There still trying to get a feel for how big the interest will be and this product could be killed at any time if they cant get the cost to a place where they feel they will make money Especially if they don't get the orders they hoped for.

BUT, they are pushing it as hard as they can in hope of drawing enough attention so they can pull the trigger.

We will just have to wait and see!!

This is what my dealer said also. He said it will probably be limited production this year. He said there probably gonna be hard to get at first. I'm thinking that bad boy in a cart is gonna be around 2000.

This is what my dealer said also. He said it will probably be limited production this year. He said there probably gonna be hard to get at first. I'm thinking that bad boy in a cart is gonna be around 2000.

Oh, for sure.

I would just like a BGE period.. My wife's cousin got really lucky and found one in his neighborhood yard sale for $150. The guy said he just didn't use it.

Back