• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Official MOINK Ball Certification Resurrection Thread

Hey SmokenAussie?

What's the exact recipe for the Moink balls?

1.Beef ( any kind? ground up? )
2.Bacon?
3.Jalapino's?
4.Goat cheese ( my pick ) or cream cheese?
5.Your choice of glaze or bbq sauce? and a rub?

Let me be perfectly clear...

Any use of farking goat cheese will result in a disqualification of the highest order...

Oh wow! I see that the NOSKOS rule now applies to everyone! This is awesome!

Can I get re-certified? I would like to show off my own balls and have them certified as opposed to using someone else's balls like the last time.

Let me be perfectly clear...

Any use of farking goat cheese will result in a disqualification of the highest order...

Indeed, MOINK balls are not stuffed like a fatty. That would make it a mo-goo-oink ball and therefore would not be eligible for certification.

Perhaps that was the confusion.

And don't even think of using pancetta...oh man.

Indeed, MOINK balls are not stuffed like a fatty. That would make it a mo-goo-oink ball and therefore would not be eligible for certification.

Perhaps that was the confusion.

And don't even think of using pancetta...oh man.

Ginger would be so proud of you...

Another MOINK Certification Request

If I understand correctly, requests for certification are to be posted in this thread. With that in mind, I officially now make my request for Certification, and publish my first real post to the Brethren.

Tonight I felt the need for something cooked over charcoal. This thread brought to me the perfect meal.

My formula is simple... I used my basic hamburger recipe.
1 - 1 pound hamburger
2 - One half package of Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix
3 - about 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce

Mix ingredients well. Make into balls, and wrap with bacon. Cook and enjoy.

The cook was done on my 18" WSM, with the middle section removed to make it resemble a Smokey Joe.

Oh, and the wife loved them, too. :clap2: No, there were no leftovers. :becky:

Dave

Attachments

• DSCN0090.jpg
    DSCN0090.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCN0091.jpg
    DSCN0091.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCN0096.jpg
    DSCN0096.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCN0100.jpg
    DSCN0100.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCN0104.jpg
    DSCN0104.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 194
I am a fan of bacon wrapped balls of meat of many types, but, Smokin' Aussie and Djensen have show very nice examples.

Now about the onion soup mix?

MOINK BALL Certification Request

I would like to become MOINK BALL Certificated. Attached you will find my photos of how I created the best tasting MOINK BALLS I have ever made.
First I used Rosina Italian style meat balls, Hickory Springs bacon and Plowboys Yardbird Rub for the seasoning. I then basted them in a mixture of Blues Hog BBq Sauce thinned down with a bit of honey and Pinapple juice. Once the MOINKS came out of the pit, I dipped them in the same BBq mixture. I hope my technique meets your strict criteria for the making of MOINK BALLS.

Trucky9854
dentruck@comcast.net

Cooking on
FEC100
CS009
Weber Gasser
Fastest RED Thermapen on the planet
Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I have had the opportunity to look at the balls of 14 men since last night. Not a single women has sent me a picture of her balls though...

I dunno dude. Countertop doesn't look regulation. I guess the committe will have to decide. Ginger was a huge fan of formanite counter tops.

I have had the opportunity to look at the balls of 14 men since last night. Not a single women has sent me a picture of her balls though...

:shocked:

I've got the camera...and I'm calling my wife over...

Balls from a weekend of simply Marvelous rubbing

A weekend of happiness.
I :pray: that my humble balls are worthy.
These were my first MOINK's on the Webber. The supplies were for multiple dishes. The bacon was sprinkled with Simply Marvelous then Prince Alberted to the balls. :shocked:
Chunk of hickory on Blue K indirect heat.

My bride enjoyed them that afternoon and then again for lunch at work :bow:

Last edited:
A weekend of happiness.
I :pray: that my humble balls are worthy.
These were my first MOINK's on the Webber. The supplies were for multiple dishes. The bacon was sprinkled with Simply Marvelous then Prince Alberted to the balls. :shocked:
Chunk of hickory on Blue K indirect heat.

My bride enjoyed them that afternoon and then again for lunch at work :bow:
Those look really good, I think I'm going to roll my own :)

:thumb:

Please do not try to influence the Men At Work while they deliberate on this decision. Because they have been in the room for so long you might say they are in Dire Straits. Due tot he fact they have taken no showers the Air Supply is foul.

The Vegemite may have been INXS and and having Coloured Balls may be a disqualification. We need to set the proper example because The Boys Next Door might just pop up with who knows what and call them MOINK Balls.

So while the judges burn the Midnight Oil let us consider that being a Go Between doesn't always work.

Amazing pop culture reference work!

Back