New to site and buding my first smoker!!!!!

B

BigTuck

What's up fellas?? Been doing a lot of reading on here and other sites on the web and decided to build a vertical smoker. I have a 30"X 72" long pipe and that's what I will be using. My thoughts after reading about a reverse flow vertical smoker is to use the pipe but make a box inside the pipe for the cooking chamber. So the heat/smoke can go on the sides and back. Was goin to make the firebox 18" tall with the water box above the fire, from there go 12" from the top of the for box plate with the first grill then another 12" and another cooking grate followed by another 12" and another cooking grate. My question is do yo fellas think this will work well and a good idea?? This will be a reverse flow vertical build

all will work for you, try your initial ideas..work with several temp probes at various/all cooking grates and work evening out your temps. Make a note of the temp at the location as most smokers will have a hot area and a cooler area, this helps when various size of meats are cookinig or when you have to speed up a cook..I have built lots of smokers and its fun to work on them...TRY to figure out, fix and then enjoy some great que..get after it..get frustrated...get rewarded!

Welcome to the site! I am confident that you will find all the answers to your questions, pre and post build.

Thank ya fellas still in the design stage and will try and upload pics to get feed back.

Good luck! There are definitely a wide variety of homemade smokers on this site to draw ideas from.

Back