Lard, Cracklins and Pork Steak

I love cracklins and lard, my wife not so much.

Please send me some.

Jeanie, that all looks so great. I'm really not in to the canned meat. I think spam ruined me... However, you could just send me that fat off the back and I would love to make lardo out of that. Might take 6-9 months to cure...... but would be worth it!

Jeanie I have been keeping up with your blog for a long time. It just wouldn't do for me and you to be close geographically....we'd be eatin way too good all the time! Keep posting your fantastic posts....I always look forward to them.

Thank you everybody! Wish cracklins weren't so bad for you, I think I could live on them. :)

Jeanie, that all looks so great. I'm really not in to the canned meat. I think spam ruined me... However, you could just send me that fat off the back and I would love to make lardo out of that. Might take 6-9 months to cure...... but would be worth it!
Marty I don't blame ya on the spam. I avoided spam too until I tried it smoked. Now I can eat it a couple of times a year. I prefer home canned meats though.
Lardo sounds awesome!! Will give that a try next time. Thanks!!

Jeanie I have been keeping up with your blog for a long time. It just wouldn't do for me and you to be close geographically....we'd be eatin way too good all the time! Keep posting your fantastic posts....I always look forward to them.

Thank you Florida Farmer, I wouldn't mind living closer to Florida. A little bit of warm weather and good cooking sounds great!! :mrgreen:
I appreciate you stopping by my blog, thank you!!!

Some (most) days I wish I had even half the talent of Cowgirl. Then again, if I did, I'd easily weigh 400+ pounds. There's no way I could stop eating food that looked that good.

Some (most) days I wish I had even half the talent of Cowgirl. Then again, if I did, I'd easily weigh 400+ pounds. There's no way I could stop eating food that looked that good.

Thank you Bo. :)
I cook about twice a week and eat a lot of leftovers. Raising range-bred, fence-jumping cows keeps me in shape. :-D

Great idea Steph! lol

I talk to Tim pretty often and stop by his house once in a while...he speaks very highly of you.

I think the world of Tim and Karen, they are wonderful friends. Please tell them Hi and give em hugs for me next time you stop by. Thank you!! :grin:

Back