thermometer question

ford 1710

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Can someone point me in the right direction for a good thermometer with a probe 6 to 8 inches long. Or can I take alum. tubing and extend it on my probe I have now?

Thanks, Ford 1710

probes sense the temp at the tip through a thermo-couple so there is no way to extend one that will give an accurate reading. I don't use these devices so I haven't a clue as to where you can obtain what your looking for

I should have had more info on my original post:oops:......sorry.

This is for my smoker temp, my insulated walls are 3" thick thats why Im looking for a temp gauge with a longer probe. Id really like to get a temp reading closer to the center of my cabinet smoker. I now use a maverick et73 but pulling the grates in and out with temp probe resting on a grate can be kinda awkward. Would a turkey fryer thermometer work? Didnt know if it would read air temp the same as a liquid since thats what its really used for is oil temp.

thanks, ford 1710

Sorry.....should have put a little more detail on my original post :oops:.

Im wanting a temp gauge for my smoker. My insulated cabinet smoker walls are 3" thick. Id prefer a gauge that wasnt digital.....Im using a Maverick ET73, but the wires for the probe can be awkward when pulling racks in and out.

Didnt know if a turkey fryer temp gauge would work or not.....or something more heavy duty would be even better.

Thanks ford 1710

Back