Redhot's Spicy Drunken Chicken Quesadillas

Redhot

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
My marinade consisted of:

1/2 pint tequila
Juice of 3 limes
Zest of 1 lime
1/4 cup minced red jalapenos (we sliced/preserved in vinegar)
4 green onions - minced
fresh cilantro - minced
1 T crushed red pepper
1 T minced garlic
2 T turbinato sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
black pepper/salt to taste (I used about 1t each)
1 t cumin

The chicken marinated longer than I wanted, about 3 days but I'm sure the tequila kept it fresh.

drunkenedspicychicken.jpg

Then instead of slicing the red, yellow, orange bell peppers, white onion and 4 jalapenos, I diced them to be more easy to layer. Then marinated in Todd's Dirt, salt and olive oil.

theveggies.jpg

veggiesmarinating.jpg

Chicken went on the grill...

drunkenchickenjustonthegrill.jpg

Almost done, just needs a sear...
almost.jpg

Chicken's done and ready to set, then slice.

chickensdone.jpg

Sliced and now I'm ready to build.
slicedandready.jpg

But only after the veggies were done.
pepperandonionmixongrill.jpg

Next, everything got covered with foil so I could prep the tortillas, first taco sized ones got hit in the skillet with some EVOO spray to crisp up just a bit before being loaded with monterey jack and colby cheeses, pepper mixture, sliced chicken then more cheese.

firstlayer.jpg

They were then folded over.

Then I slightly crisped up some big tortillas and put them out on a pan and added the cheeses, pepper mixture and diced chicken, more cheese then laid the small folded, stuffed tortillas on top.
secondlayergetsfilled.jpg

secondlayerfilledwithfirst.jpg

And on top of the first tortilla I added sliced avocados and more of the cheeses then folded that over, sprayed with EVOO, baked til bubbly and crispy.
secondlayergetstoppedwithavocadoncheese.jpg

Added sour cream to one of the tortilla cups and pico de gallo to two and wow, this is the end result. Never tried a double decker quesadilla before but wow, just wow! They were quite amazing and worth the effort!
This is before slicing.
bakednplated.jpg

And a few after slicing.
topview.jpg

myfav.jpg

And after we got totally full, this was left...
mostlydevoured.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Not sure if I could eat a whole one but I sure would give it a heck of a shot. That looks so freaking delicious!!! Great prOn!!

These were even better than the last ones she did. The tequila marinade was killer!

Not sure if I could eat a whole one but I sure would give it a heck of a shot. That looks so freaking delicious!!! Great prOn!!

We could only eat 1/3 of one each...I only made two 'cause I was tired and hungry so there's a whole one left to heat for dinner tonight. And I still have 2 chicken breasts and more of the pepper mixture. Maybe I'll experiment some more!:becky:

Outstanding!
Nix the pickled jalapenos and crushed red pepper from the marinade and omit the diced jalapenos from the peppers and onions and I bet your wife would love these Bull.

Last edited:
Look fabulous! I'm gonna have to give these a whirl!
My family thanks you in advance! :clap2:

Wow, I saw the first ingredient and immediately knew this was a recipe I had to try. Looks awesome. Thanks for the recipe and pron. :thumb:

Looks really good. Did you make those tortilla bowls for the pico de gallo? How?

Looks really good. Did you make those tortilla bowls for the pico de gallo? How?

She cut out a smaller round out of a large burrito sized tortilla and pressed into a greased muffin pan and baked in a (400?) degree oven til they crisped up a little bit and kept their shape. Don't know exactly how long though.

Ah. Good. Exact method posted below. vvvvv

I used the round top of a canister we have that was about twice the diameter of the muffin cups and pushed it into a tortilla to show the pattern. Then I just cut around it, heated for 10 seconds in the microwave to make them pliable and pressed them into the no-stick sprayed muffin cups, gently going around it so the folds would be more uniform. Baked them at 350 for about 7 minutes. I did make them just to hold the pico de gallo and sour cream, thought it would look cool.

Back