• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Tri-tip and a new puppy

chriscw81

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Today we added a new addition to the family, Bella. She's a yellow lab. Labs are such awesome family dogs, we are super happy to have her. I usually work nights but decided to take off today and I decided to make some tri-tip too. I reversed seared it on my 22.5 OTG with some mesquite at about 275-300. I let my TT rest wrapped in foil for about 20-25 minutes and I usually take the drippings and put them in a container to put my pieces in after slicing. That's the only sliced pics I thought to get.

8u9a6yhy.jpg

he3e6umy.jpg

Last but not least, meet Bella!

yseqy8yt.jpg

ega4u7y2.jpg

buhy9ade.jpg

We are delighted to have her! Thanks for looking.

Chris

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That's some great looking tri-tip you have there...now I'm hungry. And congratulations on the new family member...she's beautiful!

The guy I got her from said she was 8 weeks but I doubt that. I'm thinking she is probably more like 6 weeks.

Nice tri tip but I really like the pup! We have a 2 1/2 yr old yellow lab that has been a real treat!

Nice tri tip but I really like the pup! We have a 2 1/2 yr old yellow lab that has been a real treat!

I had a lab mix growing up and have spent lots of time around labs. IMO, labs are the perfect family dog. I'm looking forward to my kids growing up with Bella.

Labs are crazy until they hit 2 ( girls) 3 (boys).

You are right about the pup being young. I hope you did not give the idiot any money. It just encourages them to breed more dogs that they do not even care to know the age of.

What a great dog and a good looking piece of meat. I have to start letting my meat rest more, the wife always gets anxious and I end up slicing early.

What a great dog and a good looking piece of meat. I have to start letting my meat rest more, the wife always gets anxious and I end up slicing early.

Tell me about it! As soon as the wife sees meat, she says "dinners ready"!

Sometimes I want to slice sooner but the juices I get from the foil help me be patient :mrgreen:

Tell me about it! As soon as the wife sees meat, she says "dinners ready"!

Wifey usually gets impatient while I'm cooking but she always end up happy in the end

every dog should have a kid......

congrats on the new family member. My last lab got to 15 yrs old and my current yellow is 8. Great family dogs

My favorite cut of meat!

Cute pup, I've always had labs myself.

Back