View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 08:36 AM   #5
tommykendall
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I snipped this from old post by Colt on the Yahoos site. It's pretty close to Phil's post yesterday. I tried this a couple weeks ago and it was KYDITDG...

I make the best brats ever (ego really going here)... add more stuff to your beer/onion stew... garlic... hotsauce... worshteshire (sp is wrong I know...).... Jalapenos... Tequila... basically anything and everything in the fridge... the longer you simmer them in the beer stew the better they are... then strain all the goodies out of the stew and put that on your brats with some saurcraut, and brown mustard... yum... (looks in his fridge for brats...) if you are really daring you can put the brats back in the warm beer stew as well to keep them "fresh", you also want to make sure of 2 things... first that you poke holes in them before you simmer them... and to not let them boil hard... if you boil them too hard they will not just spilt, sometimes they just disentegrate.... or break into small pieces...

I've been known to simmer them a day ahead then put them in the fridge (in the pot and everything) overnight... and simmerthem again the next day before I brown them on the weber/gas grill...

good luck with your brat making...