This weekend

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
Just found out that the small family get together this weekend as a last horrah for the summer turned into 20 people from both our families.... So what ya call that?

A REASON.!! :)

Plans are, 2 butts, 2 prime rib roasts and 4-6 racks of spares. gonna try a few things I learned at the Jack. Doin the butts tomorrow. Then just reheat and glaze Saturday when the ribs and prime ribs go in.

Gonna do some cornbread also, with some leftover shreaded brisket in the batter. Experimenting on that one.

So.. halloween weekend ladies.. whats cookin?

Florida state cook off and judges class! :D

We'll be eating but not cooking!

BBQchef33 said:
Just found out that the small family get together this weekend as a last horrah for the summer turned into 20 people from both our families.... So what ya call that?

A REASON.!! :)

Plans are, 2 butts, 2 prime rib roasts and 4-6 racks of spares. gonna try a few things I learned at the Jack. Doin the butts tomorrow. Then just reheat and glaze Saturday when the ribs and prime ribs go in.

Gonna do some cornbread also, with some leftover shreaded brisket in the batter. Experimenting on that one.

I think its a trick.

Whats the treat?

More Brined Boobies, and spares. Recently came by some good info on spares that I gotta try.

BBQchef33 said:

Throw some green chiles in the cornbread batter along with the brisket, mmmhh good.

Looks like a beer can chicken or two and maybe some brats, maybe a sirloin roast for roast beef also.

120# of pork for two different friends that are having gatherings. I'm invited to one of them even! Will start cooking on Friday to make sure and get everything done!

Having a SPOOKTACULAR Saturday if you are in town join us but remember BRING YOUR OWN BOOS. Smoking ROAST BEAST. and shakin our BOOTAYS. Darrel from Mizzou Crew said he might come by. He told me last night that they finished 12th over all in the Royal Invitational.

Vegas, be there by noon. Cooking with Go Ducks from Eugene OR, Pork butt is all I need to worry about. Come by and say hi if your in town.

jminion said:
Vegas, be there by noon. Cooking with Go Ducks from Eugene OR, Pork butt is all I need to worry about. Come by and say hi if your in town.
Jim i'll see you there, look for a guy with a AZBBQA hat,i wanted the Bandera colors but not available yet.(couldn't make it to a Bash).Looking foward to meeting you!

Think I will do Puppy peters and crackers.

I will be doing 35 lbs of beef short ribs for a group of pheasant hunters from CA. Any time I have left will be spent hunkered over a block of duck decoys in my favorite Waterfowl Production Area.

Firing up the grills,smokers, and friers with my
hunting club buddies at the camp. Freezer clean
out time. Bow hunting in the AM and PM. Venison,
turkey,squirrel, rabbit, quail, phesant, dove, catfish,
bass fillets, grouper, snapper, flounder... some of about
everything that walks,crawls or flies in my part of the world.
Families come Saturday night....great food, fun, and
fellowship.
Mikeg

Having a SPOOKTACULAR Saturday if you are in town join us but remember BRING YOUR OWN BOOS

When and Where????????

Inquiring minds need to know!!!!

racer_81 said:
brdbbq said:
Think I will do Puppy peters and crackers.

Life's tough when you only have a gas grill, huh.

:D

Between that and keeping your farking company afloat YES.

MikeG said:
Firing up the grills,smokers, and friers with my
hunting club buddies at the camp. Freezer clean
out time. Bow hunting in the AM and PM. Venison,
turkey,squirrel, rabbit, quail, phesant, dove, catfish,
bass fillets, grouper, snapper, flounder... some of about
everything that walks,crawls or flies in my part of the world.
Families come Saturday night....great food, fun, and
fellowship.
Mikeg

I think we have a winner! Sounds like quite a feast.

Was gonna do a brisket but all that fish mentioned makes me think fish fry. i have some speckled trout & redfish from a Florida trip this month in the freezer. Hmmmmm . . . or could do both!

No smoke this weekend :cry: Cooking a pot a chicken chili for a party at my house your all invited .6:00 saturday .Costumes optional BYOB ..bring your own brisket if chicken chili is sounding gross to you. I got a keg of Porter and a keg of Wit.See ya then

Smokiing up about 8lbs of Steelhead for my nephew that he caught earlier this summer. He's 15 and competing in a video game contest and asked me to provide him with the needed nourshment. The bride and I will be enjoying some country style ribs on the dera tomorrow while tonight it will be 6lbs of pulled butt to celebrate the 18 month birthday of a friends only son through wedlock. Haven't decided on Sunday yet.

well... did up 2 pork butts in the WSM last night.. 12 racks of ribs and 30 thighs were done today. Tomorrow morning i get up early and put in 2 #8 flats and a 20 lb prime rib. By noon a few fatties go in and a sausage ring to nosh on while waiting for the rest.

let the food orgy begin!

Back