Frank's Hot Sauce as part of a Brine or Injection for Spatchcocked Chicken?

colonel00

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I was at Sam's today and picked up a jug of Frank's Hot Sauce along with a couple whole birds. I plan to brine and spatchcock them on the UDS tomorrow. I am looking to see if anyone has added hot sauce to a brine with good and noticeable results. Or, would it be better to cut the sauce with something and use it as an injection after the brine? My goal is a good flavor with anywhere from a hint to pronounced spice and heat without being overpowering and just tasting like a hot wing.

Try one each way to see if it adds anything to a brining.

I'm not sure how well it'll work for a brine.I soaked wings for almost 2 days in a mix of Franks and Texas Pete and to be quite honest,I did not notice any heat or flavor. I think thats because a lot of hot sauces loose the heat when heated. It may work better injected though. Now a contradiction to the hot sauce loosing it's kick. A couple of weeks ago I brined some boneless,skinless breasts,after rinsing I put 2 in a baggie with a hot sauce combo consisting of Tabasco,Franks and Kick your Ass for a few hrs, the rest I let sit in a baggie of Italian dressing.While grilling I poured the hot sauce over the 2 I kept seperate and they did get hot,matter of fact I goofed and put it all on the same plate and the juice fom the hot ones made the non-hot ones spicy,got my butt chewed over that one .. :laugh: .. hope that helps a little.

You need to use Sriracha sauce (the chili sauce with the rooster on it). You will taste it and it will not lose heat when cooked. i love it

Back