BBQ sauce?

Brian in So Cal

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I need to spice up one of my BBQ sauces for a small catering job. Not sure what to do. Cayenne, Chile Pepper Etc. Can anyone help me. I need it by 2:30 tomorrow afternoon. My BBQ sauce is tomato based and has Trappy hot sauce in it if that helps.

Thanks,
Brain

Go to your local Vietnamese/ Hmong market and get a bottle of Srirachi Sauce. It is red in color and the bottle has oriental lookin' writing and a rooster on it. Mix the Srirachi Sauce 50/50 with Worchestershie sauce and add it a little at a time to your sauce until you get the desired effect. This method works to spice up sauce that is already made. The Srirachi Sauce is thick and won't make your sauce too thin.

There are other methods to use when making sauce from scratch. PM me your shipping address and I will send you some stuff to try.

The [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Sriracha sauce is a good way to go. I prefer the chipotle route myself. What I do is get a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and puree it in the blender. Smooth and spicey. Add however much that suites your heat level.

I'll sometimes use the "Buffalo" chipotle sauce/paste. I tend not to use Tobasco's brand sauces as they're too vinegary and not enough chile flavor for me, but for a bbq sauce it may work just fine.

You can always simmer the sauce with a whole (just put a few slices in it first) Scotch Bonnet/Habanero. Just don't forget to remove it!

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Here's my recipe:

1 cup ketchup
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbs. brown sugar
4 tea. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbs. honey
1 tbs. molasses
1/2 tea. granulated garlic
1/4 to 1/2 tea cayenne pepper

heat till brown sugar melts and thin with
apple juice if wanted. Enjoy it's good

Zatarains also makes a shrimp/crab boil that has some heat; I use it for gumbo. Anything you add for heat will be intensified with some time on the stove simmering. Dont forget to check it frequently to get the "desired" heat!

Back