• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Braunfels?

Looks like one to me....worth would depend on how thick the steel is, what shape its in on inspection, and if its 16" or 20". Looks like the 16" NB OK Joe I had. Probably $50-100 depending on those variables around here. They do need some mods which are well documented here to make them run evenly.

What they said. If the lids have some heft to them, I'd go to $100. If not, $50.

Pipx are fine. It LOOKS like a heavy duty model, but it's hard to tell.

NB built some really decent offsets like that. My first one, a Silver Smoker, is probably still alive and kicking. The Black Diamond and the Hondo are other examples. Good luck!

It looks a lot like the one I had. You can search my prior posts and see some pics. Likely 1/8" steel which isn't too light but not the old 3/8" or 1/4" ones.

I had some fun with it but after a year sold it and moved to a UDS. If it's the 16" like I had, the space is limited when you start to use it. The firebox isn't really big enough for sticks. I made a charcoal basket for it. At it's best when tuned I could get decent results and burn times.

Last edited:
Looks to be the heavier version, $100 is fair. Be ready to put some work into if you want it to perform and to last.

Thanks everyone.

I have 2 UDS's and love them. I wanted an offset just for fun. I have read a lot of post about the mods to it about 2 years ago. I have been looking for one and see them every so often, but this one is a bit closer and only $60 so Im really thinking about it.
Thanks again!

Ok got it home, got to love the scion xb for hauling things, 120 mile round trip, got for $60 :mrgreen:

forgot to put the wood rack on the bottom, Ill have to take it apart again :oops:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Awesome! The NBBD was my first offset - I learned a lot on that thing and had a great time doing it.

Last edited:
Great looking score! And yeah Scion's are great for hauling things. I fit the performers I have in my Scion tC. You should of seen the people's faces that sold them when I was able to fit it in my car.

Back