LSG horizontal offset vs Gator offset questions

Congrats! Klose is a name of legend and you won't go wrong. I don't have a grill top but I can vouch for using firebox as a hot plate . I just did potatoes in a skillet yesterday that I set on top of the firebox, very useful.

If you wanted your cake to eat too, maybe you could go half inch upgraded with grill top?!?

I was at Klose today and put my order in for a 20x42. It will be ready in 1-3 weeks. The slide out grates are standard (since December), even though the website says they're an option. I was unsure if I wanted the firebox grill but I kept it for resale and it will also give me an idea if I would keep a firebox grill on a future order.

I was at Klose today and put my order in for a 20x42. It will be ready in 1-3 weeks. The slide out grates are standard (since December), even though the website says they're an option. I was unsure if I wanted the firebox grill but I kept it for resale and it will also give me an idea if I would keep a firebox grill on a future order.

We felt the same way concerning the firebox grill. Turns out, it is used more than we would ever have guessed. It has proven quite handy for grilling up a few steaks for lunch while running the smoker for a couple of briskets. for instance.

We do regret ordering a 20" diameter instead of a 24," though. The slightly larger diameter would allow many things to fit crosswise in the cooker, allowing for more stuff to be placed on the racks. The meats come out so well that the size of our cooks have grown. The 20" seemed huge when we ordered it.......

Glad they've included slide outs. I believe Klose and Lang were holding out on slide out upper racks. I believe both have rightfully responded to customer expectations. It's a trip dropping 2-3 Gs on something without slide outs. Happy it's moot now :)

Congrats on the new Klose. I'd be happy with any of the pits on your short list. I'm almost 5 months into my wait for an LSG I ordered. Klose's 1-3 week build estimate sure sounds good to me!

I couldn't/didn't want to wait but wanted LSG so I scoured Craigslist until I found a barely used one. Only thing I wish I would have given more thought to was a vertical offset.

I've got my fingers and toes crossed and I'll say a quick prayer for ya. :wink:

Thanks Kevin!! I need all the help I can get. I'll be sure to keep Brethren up to date. I figure I'll try for a C note a week from here to next spring to pay for the VO

Rockinar, I was admiring the Klose counterweights, beautiful and functional at the same time. I hope you get 'em so I can admire from afar

Ritch did have a Chris working for him for a while as his office manager. I guess shortly after he left LSG started up ? With the similarities in the pits at first I guess the rumor took off. I bought it ... up until tonight reading this. :shock:

I did business with Ritch years ago and can say for certain he is a stand up guy. As far as his pricing , if he's getting it more power to him.

No, he REALLY did not. They don't even know each other.

Back