View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 07:41 AM   #1
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default POLL RESULTS _ Commercial BBQ Sauces

Go To Message #45 to See Detailed Results / Statistics / Comparisons.

I am not only curious how many Brethren use a commercial BBQ sauce, but also how many add other ingredients to the sauce, or blend two or more sauces to create a signature product.

Mike Mills, The BBQ Legend, wrote in his book "Peace, Love, BBQ" (2005) that Maull’s is the perfect base sauce to start with and add your own ingredients to make it your own "Secret Sauce". Johnny Trig (The GodFather of Ribs) remarked during a winning competition cook; He stated that his sauce has been perfected and he uses a mixture of bottled sauces, of course he did not say which ones.

It's not a discussion of whether using a commercial sauce or making your own is better, but rather a poll of what you use.

If you mix two or more sauces and add other ingredients as well, then please select mix the sauces.

It doesn't matter if you apply the sauce to the meat, serve it on the side, or just have it for you guests. If you have it then you must serve it, at least occasionally.

Just curious as to what both back yard and competition cooks use to enhance their meat.

BTW, the results will be revealed on Wednesday if anyone has an interest on the statistics.

EDIT:

I had several question in private messages so; I can't change the questions once the poll has started.

Just for clarification here, I'm looking for your most common action for your response...... Not about your personal preference, but your most common practice.

Personally, I prefer no sauce on most things, but I do serve sauce on the side for dipping for the family and for guests. I will also sauce ribs in the last stage as some family members and guests prefer. So even though I don't use sauce for myself, I do use it for others, and i do serve several on the side. So my response would be that Yes, I do use sauce.

I also mix/blend several sauces as well as adding other ingredients, so I would choose that I mix more than two commercial sauces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlsportster View Post
I need two responses. Sometimes i use them straight out of the bottle (SBR)...But sometimes I mix (blues hog original and Tennessee red).
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez59 View Post
^^^I came in here to post this exact thing.^^^
Use your most common action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatback Joe View Post
Mix two and add a little something
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
I could only choose one, so i went with mixing more than one, but I do all of those, depending on the sauce, meat, my mood, phase of the moon...
I hear you, we all change things from time to time, but I feel you went with the right choice.

I have to say, I am really surprised by the results of the poll, it's nothing like I expected.

Last edited by IamMadMan; 08-30-2017 at 02:03 PM..
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote