Thawed brisket?

Av8er

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So I started a brisket thawing this morning to smoke tomorrow but due to unexpected circumstances that’s not going to happen. How long will you typically let meat sit thawed in the fridge before smoking it? It’s gonna have have to be next weekend now before I can smoke it. It still partially frozen but should be totally thawed mid day tomorrow while sitting in the fridge. Just don’t want it to go bad!

A cryo-sealed brisket should hold OK for a week properly refrigerated.

She is definitely cryo sealed. It just scares me because I don’t know how long it was thawed in the market either.

I'm no expert but assuming it was properly refrigerated at the market and frozen and then thawed I think you are fine. It's my understanding that oxygen getting to the meat accelerates spoilage. No air getting through that cryovac, just keep it cold.

She is definitely cryo sealed. It just scares me because I don’t know how long it was thawed in the market either.

If it's sealed and their is no air pockets in the purge bigger than a quarter, your good. Try to put it in the coldest part of the fridge.

This is just Okie math, but... the highest end beef steaks are dry aged 60+ days. I can’t imagine that a cryo sealed brisket is going to go bad in a week. Keep it simple - when you take it out of the packaging smell it... you’ll know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back