Award winning ABT's on a Skewer

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This past weekend we competed at the Skewered Apple BBQ Championship in Yakima, WA. http://skeweredapple.com/competition.html And being near the Judging tent I saw so many fantastic entries for the "Anything on a Skewer" turn in, that I figured my chances of winning anything was a long shot!

I've turned in ABT's before and done pretty good, and even had Head Judges come back later and say how much people enjoyed them, so I had to roll with what I know!

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

Using my Cajun Bandit kettle conversion with the Rib-O-Lator, we skewered the competition! First Place!

IMG_2513.jpg

let me hear them say "Atomic Buffalo Turds" one more time!

Those look great!

I'm curious about one thing... How did the judges know that it was your entry? Doesn't the PNWBA do blind judging?

Congratulations on the win! Those are some killer lookin' ABT's

Sweet.... nicely done.....:-D

Just one ? .... how in the heck did you stop it from leaking all over the place? :idea:

Those have to be the best skewered 'turds I've ever seen! Congratulations! :clap2:

Those look great!

I'm curious about one thing... How did the judges know that it was your entry? Doesn't the PNWBA do blind judging?

At the Awards for Special Categories they always ask what it is each team called turned in. Recently there have been description cards for the Table Captains to let the judges know exactly what the turn in is, especially for 'themed" categories.

JUDGING METHOD
PNWBA judging uses a double-blind judging system facilitated by bar code markings. The entries are given ID numbers as they are entered into the computer at the turn-in table; the numbers have no correlation to the contestants’ identities.
Each entry is evaluated by a table of six judges. For its competition events, the PNWBA strives to use trained, certified BBQ judges who objectively evaluate the food entries, in accordance with PNWBA guidelines, to the best of their ability.
A table generally judges between 4–8 entries per food category. Entries are not compared or ranked against each other.

Good lookin ABT's. Can you share what you used as a stuffing? Don't want to infringe on any secrets but......

Congrats, they do look like winners from where I'm sitting:thumb:

Congratulations Brian!

I was behind Brian at turn in...they looked and smelled even better than they look here.

Back