Anyone up for the 1st ever BBQ Brethren National Bash?

That would be amazing, Mike! :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I got family moving to Kansas next year...so I could get a multipurpose trip going...:idea: Got family near Denver, too.

If that works out it'd be very farking cool - nice one, Mike! :clap2:

Yep, campsite for 90,000, please :shocked:. That is a huge undertaking, but if you are willing to take it on, I will do my best to attend.

Mike, is there any camping, National/state park, etc nearby? Do you have any feel for how many folks we’re talking about? Would it be more than two days? How about events, entertainment, etc?

Just throwing in some stuff to think about. Would we have a committee (maybe 6-10 folks) who would put this thing together? Let me know what I can do to help.

Only 10 hours away...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There are some rv parks/campgrounds in the area. They are the first thing I check for when I think about going anywhere.

I’m all in. Problem is, not a damn thing in Lembanon Kansas. Perhaps choose something off I-70 or I-35 or I-135. Also, picking a site closer to a big city like Wichita or Kansas City helps those who fly in. Or picking a more remote location with a large camping area would be great too. Lots of reservoirs here as we have no true lakes.

Last edited:
I would definitely entertain attending, great idea Mike

And not to mention, any business that deals with any aspect of BBQ will want to be there and possibly make donations to help keep our out of pocket cost down. Heck, we may even get a sponsor, or two.

I’m all in. Problem is, not a damn thing in Lembanon Kansas. Perhaps choose something off I-70 or I-35 or I-135. Also, picking a site closer to a big city like Wichita or Kansas City helps those who fly in. Or picking a more remote location with a large camping area would be great too. Lots of reservoirs here as we have no true lakes.

Thanks Bigdog. Any airports and campgrounds available reasonably close? Bigabyte needs to wake up too. :becky:

Also, picking a site closer to a big city like Wichita or Kansas City helps those who fly in. Or picking a more remote location with a large camping area would be great too.

I was thinking sort of the same thing but keeping it in far North Texas but with a different name.

Y'know, DFW area has two airports and Lake Ray Roberts has a lotta campsites . . .

Back