Anyone up for a 2019 Spring Carolina Bash?

Not too sure Joe! Me, Wendy, Ron and his daughter I believe. Troy still watching his work schedule, Garrett and his son are planning to come but later in the day. Will bump the q talk thread and see if anyone chimes in.

Bout to head out! I'll post any issues with Google maps navigation. Supposed to rain tomorrow, but be gorgeous on Saturday. Y'all come now ya hear!

Finally was able to get some service here. As you approach the campground you will see a sign pointing you to the campsite and picnic areas. You will see the guard shack just down the hill. This is where you need to be. Follow signs from there like you are going to the general store. You will pass a small play ground before a large parking area. We will be in the covered area to the far left of the parking lot.

I just picked up some plastic ware, plates and napkins because those are things often overlooked ( okay, usually by me) so I will be bringing that along with the pork roast.

I'm going to hang a Brethren banner on the covered area since I'm cooking at the campsite. That way everyone will know you're in the right place.

Well the bash is in the books. Light turn out of Joe Black, RonBrad, and myself. But it is always wonderful to hang out with any Brethren. The quality time you get face to face is something much more valuable than screen time. Ron brought the absolute best pork loin I have ever eaten in my life, Joe brought his wonderful baked beans, tater salad and slaw, and I cooked my usual pork butts. Still a GREAT time as always when Brethren get together.

Attachments

• KIMG0296.jpg
    KIMG0296.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 59
  • KIMG0297.jpg
    KIMG0297.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 59
Thanks for the hard work putting everything together, Dennis. Even though the turn out was light, the quality of the brethren friendship and spirit was unmatched. You and Joe are certainly two of the best and your hospitality was fantastic. I am looking forward to next year.

Really glad you and your daughter made it! I think she had a good time talking with Wendy. Sadly it seems my 37 year old wife has more in common with a young lady instead of people her age lol! Thanks again for the best pork loin I've ever eaten. It was a great snack with Joe's beans by the campfire last night.

Back