Somebody ask York how his Saturday of vending went.........

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I gotta let him tell u guys!!!

How was the Brisket you picked up York? Thanks man. CUL8R!

Since he's not talking i'll drop a hint. Fire Department........

I'm sensing a good story here!

Oh YORK, where are you?

Attachments

• worthless_thread_without_pics.gif
    worthless_thread_without_pics.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 459
Since York won't come out and defend himself, I'll tell you. He was towing his old pit and trailer (the Ice Machine Pit) with a fire in it. Now, bear in mind that his firebox is on the front of the trailer where the air can make it extra super hot at highway speeds (think forge). Turns out the St. Clair Missouri Fire Department came out and put his pit and traielr out. I assume the meat that was in it went out on the highway shoulder.

Yep, 70mph = 2 foot flames over trailer roof + 1 fire truck!

Last edited:
Just burnt food and bruised ego I hope. Hope the cooker and truck are OK.

just found this so here it goes

driving to my gas station in st clair and i am on an hwy in between union and st clair look back and see four foot flames comming out of the top[ of my pit i stop and get the fire extuinger and open the pit doors and fire the whole thing in side :eek: it just :mrgreen: at the extuniger so i close the doors and and halled ass to the fire station pulled up and ran up to the door of the fire station they took ther sweet time comming and they put me out

you could hear the welds snapping as the water hit the mettal

the boiler insulation was metteling out of the fire box on to the ground as glass this stuff is rated for 1800 deg

so the vending is done fire is out so i head back home thinking that i have 25 lb of patato salad that i made ready to go so i call up my cooking partner to take half of it on the way to his house the pit starts back up

yes fire :evil:

knowing that there is an car wash up at the next gas station ( where jeff is cooking)
i dump 5.00 dollers in the car wash and dump 5 min of water on this thing

by this time i am tired and hungery so i have an brisket sandwitch from jeff and head on to pauls house with the patato salad

i get home and come out an couple of hours latter and there is an glass pile in my drive way

monday
health inspector come to the house all food in trash and pit is not made for food any longer
state farm comes see the health inspector thay have an talk and deam it an total loss on the pit

thursday
my insurance agent calls me and said they are going to cover the whole thing order an new pit
call jay less thin two min latter make me an new pit asap
jay said you saved four jobs i was laying off four guys on friday they now have work so

THE NEW SPICEWINE IS ORDERED:mrgreen:

one week in my life

Wow! That is quite the story and I'm really happy everything was covered and no one was hurt. Sometimes things happen that aren't so good but when it's said and done it's a blessing.

spicewine

jay just called she is rebuilt and ready to go in need the money from insurance so i can get rolling and go get her:-D:-D

Saw the new pit this week.......Jay threw in a sprinkler system at no charge........

Saw the new pit this week.......Jay threw in a sprinkler system at no charge........

i just don't know what to say to that i guess yayayay

it was time for the ice box to go i guess

now i have two spicewine:p:-D:p

wow.... great story! and you manned up and told it!

molten insulation was the great part. amazing that the trailer didn't break up.

i guess the insulation was still hot after they put out the fire, hence it started up again, that is a hoot.

Back