My first post: Can't find South Florida BBQ competitions, even on KCBS site

J

jeffostroff

Hi guys, I'm Jeff from Ft. Lauderdale, FL, not exactly the BBQ belt I realize. Just to let you guys know that most people here in Florida have no clue what real BBQ is, and I'm still not impressed by one single restaurant in south Florida for BBQ at all. Most people think you just throw it on the grill and add Open Pit, and that’s que!

In fact after eating my own recipe for baby back ribs, my family and I simply can't go to any restaurant and spend money on poorly cooked “voted best bbq in Florida…”, it's just a let down compared to what we make at home.

So I thought I might ease my way into some local comps, but I cannot seem to find any. I checked the Kansas City Barbeque Society web site search function, but they are showing nothing in Florida coming up. I understand there was one in Dade City recently.

Anyone here know where I can find any competitions coming up in South Florida? I'd like to go be a fly on the wall at a few or maybe apprentice on a team.

Thanks, that list was just what I was looking for! In fact, the event on that list is coming up:

June 19-20, 2009 Grillin in the Gardens Palm Beach Gardens, FL (FBA)

is only 45 minutes from my house. It's also a Jack Daniels qualifier.

One more question, I wanted to share my process and recipe for the most perfect tasting, moist tender meat Christmas turkey, and my how-to with complete pictorial and step by step recipe that still has my family talking about it months later. Am I allowed to post a link to my web site where I have my article posted and the photos?

turkey25.JPG

check with the FBA.. Florida BBQ Association.

and heres the contest schedule.

Also, Smokin Cracker, Smoking gator and The kapn on this site are some of the florida teams that are here on this forunm often. Send them a PM.

A-hem....:rolleyes:
Look for us at the PBG contest Jeff.

:redface: oops.... brainfart.

yeah.. RUB too..

but u dont have to worry about those Swamp Boys.

NOT!:eek::eek:

Geezzz... talk about a brainfart..

HomeBBQ is here too... and lots of others.

Phil, we understand. We know your in much pain what with your sore foot and all.:twisted:

Back