Cast iron grate for 22" kettle?

Jorge

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm looking for a cast iron grate that will fit a 22" Weber Kettle. Anybody have a source?

I saw on another forum that someone put the cast iron grate from his Weber Q on top of the existing grate in order to get some good grill marks on the meat.
I can give you the link in a PM if you want it.

Don't know if this is of any help for what you are looking for, but thought I would mention it.

BGE grates would work sitting on the existing grate also. But I don't think you'll find any that fit. If you could, I think alot of people on here would already have them.

I saw on another forum that someone put the cast iron grate from his Weber Q on top of the existing grate in order to get some good grill marks on the meat.
I can give you the link in a PM if you want it.

Don't know if this is of any help for what you are looking for, but thought I would mention it.

I've already looked there, but I appreciate the effort!:mrgreen:

BGE grates would work sitting on the existing grate also. But I don't think you'll find any that fit. If you could, I think alot of people on here would already have them.

Are they locally available?

Williams Sonoma had them, made specially for 22'' (RED)Weber Grill and I used them for years.. They are wrought iron and need seasoning each time.. I saved beef fat eg Brisket or steak... and seasoned them and it gave super grill marks and cooked great each time... lost track and got involved in other grills ... wow I miss that grilling experience...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

jestridge is a high school shop teacher. Welding in particular. We cast iron in sand molds in high school shop class. It was a "little" while back, but just thinkin'.

Are they locally available?

BBQ Outfitters in Southlake can get them. I think he makes 2 trips a week to his Egg distributor. I got my grate for my med in 2 days.

BTW, I think I worked a deal for them to sponsor me this year.:biggrin:

Or, you could get some of the square grates. I think RTD uses one in an egg.

BBQ Outfitters in Southlake can get them. I think he makes 2 trips a week to his Egg distributor. I got my grate for my med in 2 days.

BTW, I think I worked a deal for them to sponsor me this year.:biggrin:

I'll give them a call when I get home. Thanks!

Maybe you could get a bigger square grate, cut ir round and weld on a ring on the outside?

there is a set in germany/europe. really nice but the cost might be to much to get it here. ask marco about it. there is a pic of it in the virtual weber site.

Weber used to make a cast iron grate, with an insert grid with flip up sides.

This came with my Performer Touch n' Go and it works great.

100_2817.jpg

100_2816.jpg

I called Weber CS to get a couple grids and they discontnued them a few years back and unloaded the stock, they suggested I try ACE and True Value as they ended up with a lot of them. I called a chit load of them and never had any luck locating one. I've used the cast iron grates from the Genesis gas grills and they fit nicely on the 22" grate but I'm pretty sure they come in 2 paks @ $40+.

I've seen some Eggheads using the Char-Broil CI grates. Rick might even be one of them?

We dont do any casting but i do know where where there bunch of scrape, only one draw back it on the Bluegrass Army Depot they give us metal but tthey wont give us any of that stuff use it armor personal carriers if it scrape have to destroy it.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Lodge Logic Barbecue Grill Grate Part#: LBBG3[/FONT]
%7B38CF2836-0D3B-46E3-B77E-7ED90F646681%7D_LBBG3.jpg

Dont know if this would work but it is a lodge brand can order it off net

Back