View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 08:57 AM   #184
Transformer BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoeric View Post
I am. That's what happened. If you would like to know why, I suggest that you contact NEBS.

I completely understand their position and have no problem with it whatsoever. Hopefully other events that I'm involved with in the area (such as Smoke and Steam in Oyster Bay) will fall within the parameters of what NEBS is comfortable with and be part of the TOY series.

Eric
Eric-
That's really not correct.

NEBS came up with grilling rules in response to the fact that everyone was sick of going to contests and having to ask 900 questions about the rules since they were different depending on the organizer, and what was given was unclear... stuffing, garnish, bring your own plates, wrapping in another meat, can the sausage be premade, even down to the definition of a shellfish... or what constitues a fillet etc. ... and the NEBS rules were made to give organizers options without it being a total re-education for team every single event.

And, the NEBS grilling rules clearly state they can be modified by a organizer if he wants to make additions, changes, and then they are presented to the BOD for approval. Harpoon requires their beer to be used... GOTB limits what may be used in a stuffing... etc.

The format that you submitted included onsite judging, it was discussed and decided that as every single other event that counts towards team of the year involves blind judging, that this format was inconsistant to the point it introduced factors that were not present in any other NEBS event.

So in reponse, you and the other organizers decided you would rather use your format than change that one aspect of the contest. Which is totally fine, and obviously up to you, but lets give the whole story here before saying that NEBS turned you down like the door was closed in your face.
Transformer BBQ
FEC 100, Lang 60M, Jamie Geer Backyard
Viking Professional Gasser
Transformer BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote