Cheers Brtothers ! FEAR THE PIG !

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Cheers BBQ Brethren !
a_cheers.gif

Now this is magic.

Just like back in may for the german championchips i asked for some brethren support fpr the WBQA World BBQ Championchips in Belgium this weekend.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49019

Well, it worked 8)

I´m just back from Belgium to tell you that we made third place in the chicken categorie out of 65 Teams from all over the world.

Heres our chicken plate :

533_P9140663_1.jpg

You guys propably cant believe how happy we were when they called us out on that one. All we really wanted was to be called up one time.

Anyway, it gets even better :cool:

We scored very good in all of the five categories and always missed the top three by a few points, so after all we got called up again because we are...

:mrgreen:

Grand Champion of the World BBQ Championchips

wich makes me and my Team, TB & the BBQ Scouts,

Official WBQA World BBQ Champions 2008 !!!!

57_a_055_Small_1.jpg

Yeah Baby !

Heres some pics of our food and the show, more will come as soon as i´m completely sober.

533_P9140618_1.jpg

533_P9140617_1.jpg

Heres the Food.
Those pics are actually the presentation plates for the visitors, and most were sitting in the sun for a while before i was able to take pics. Ill post some better ones later on.

Fish :

533_P9140648_1.jpg

Chicken

57_a_034_Small_1.jpg

Pork

57_a_037_Small_1.jpg

57_a_038_Small_1.jpg

Beef

57_a_040_Small_1.jpg

57_a_042_Small_1.jpg

Dessert

533_P9140695_1.jpg

The Team

21_wm20081_1.jpg

logo_phpBB.gif

See ya later !

DM

Last edited:
Some impressions of the judges tent after judging.
Each team had to turn for all 5 categories in 2 plates for the on site jury, 4 for the blind judges and one presentation plate.

533_P9140681_1.jpg

533_P9140678_1.jpg

533_P9140682_2.jpg

DM

"WORLD CHAMPIONS" It just does not get any better than that!
Congradulations!!!!

DANG!
Congrat's on the accomplishment, that is one heck of a presentation!

Got to get you guys over here, hook you up with some folding chairs, a cooler with one busted wheel, radio with a broke off antenna with a coat hanger stuck in it for reception, bag of stale pretzels, T-shirts with BBQ sauce stains and introduce you to the dark side of BBQ! Heck, those are real plates you are using too!!!
Again, a fine job, you all need to be proud.

Scott

I think you're ready for the Iron chef Man. Good job. 644

Congrats, DM! Presentation really kicks the snot of US based sanctioning bodies.

What sort of other dishes / preparations were you up against? It must have been tough, with such wide open rules for the contest. Looking at the event rules, my impression is that there's no definitive target for the final dish when the rules allow for just about any sort of entry with the provided meats.

Is there such as thing as a typical Belgian BBQ style, like we have KC style or the various North Carolina styles of Q?

http://www.smokycharly.be/Documents/Regulations_World_Championships_BBQ_2008.pdf

Last edited:
wow!!! nice!!!

umm...I'd place 70th out of that....

....but it would look good when you open up a stryrobox :)

Back