Thermopen, Polder or ?

Brian in So Cal

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Thermopen, polder or ?

Any comments on which instant thermometer I should get? I like the thermopen but is there anything that is as good or close that is less expensive?

Thanks,
Brian

Nothing comes close to the Thermapen at that price. I do use my Nu Temps, and they are great for monitoring, but that damn Thermapen is great for those quick reads. Get the Thermapen, or at least the NuTemps. Somewhere somebody has a deal on those things. I've had mine for two years, and they work great. Still, that Thermapen is something else! And it matches my lawnmower...

Attachments

• Scag Thermapen 2.jpg
    Scag Thermapen 2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know where to get a deal on a Thermopen?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a woman that lives here in TX that frequents the BGE forum. She orders the 5 to get the 6th free then sells them for her cost. But you're stuck with grey.

I have a blue one. We all know they're the most accurate!

Blue Thermapen here. Mostest accurate of them all. :biggrin:

You beat me to it. I second the blue thermapen, not only are they the most accurate they also give the fastest reading

You guys are off your nut...EVERYONE knows green is mo-betta!!! Especially when they are FREE!!! I won mine as a door prize last weekend at the PNW Eggfest. It's the "Thermapen 5" Superfast.

You can get a pretty good deal on the BGE Forum from MollyShark. She buys in bulk and sells at reduced prices. Give her a ping.

JD

002-3.jpg

The red one is the way to go. It has a sexy woman's voice that gives the reading. "Big Brother Smoke your sausage is ready"

The red one is the way to go. It has a sexy woman's voice that gives the reading. "Big Brother Smoke your sausage is ready"

Clearly you've been sleeping with your Thermapen again... :rolleyes:

I really don't care about accuracy. I chose yellow so I can find it easily in the junk drawer. :biggrin:

I have a Thermapen, two Taylor "Instant read" and some Nutemps. The NuTemps are used to monitor pit temperature, the Taylors read too slow so they are in the drawer, and the Thermapen is used all of the time.

Also, they have great customer service. I've had mine for about 18 moths and recently it wouldn't turn off so I sent them an e-mail and I had a return authorization the same day. I'm sending it off tomorrow.

As I've said before gray is the best, because you want you q to look good not you equipment.

I have the black "Mistress of the Cooker" thermopen - Not only does it tell you when your meat is done, it punishes it if it isn't ready.:twisted:

If you want the best, you'll pick the orange Thermapen.

That is what I love about the bretheren forum. Get good info and a good laugh also.:-D

Anybody point me in the direction of the BGE forum.

Thanks,
Brian

Back