compact propane brush burner (wand)?

G$

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I know of the brush/ice burner wands that hook up to an LP tank.

Has anyone ever seen a compact version that would attach to a 'coleman' compact propane cannister? Since the usefulness would be pretty limited, I doubt they exist, but anyone seen one anywhere?

This is a propane torch. Dont think it works with the MAPP fuels... but it does put our a decent size flame for the lil tanks.

I believe the blue Bernzomatic propane tanks have the same fitting as the little coleman ones. I used the lil tank off of my camp stove to fire up that lil burner to start a campfire more than once.

the one I bought was an off brand - General camping or some such thing. This is the brand name version. I couldnt find the generically branded one anywhere online. You might just check Walmart with the Bernzomatic stuff. and in thier camping section.

I use my BenzoMatic ALL the time. Works great.
Smoke On!!!!!

Let's say you have a small offset. Let's also say you want to 'pre heat' the smoke chamber with a little direct flame (pushed through the air flow hol from the fire box) while your chimnet lights. Do you suppose this Benzo has enough BTUs to get the job done?

Why can't you use a weed burner? Mine heats up the smoker, cleans the grates, and lights fuel.

The small one works ok. The handle and wand are short -- so you can't just hang it out of the firebox like the big propane torch...for the smaller cookers it would probably work fine. The costs on the small bottles is quite a bit more than the 20# propane refills...

thillin said:
Why can't you use a weed burner? Mine heats up the smoker, cleans the grates, and lights fuel.

Crap, i composed a long detailed reply but my fat fingers lost it. :mad:

Short version, good question.

What I wanted to find, and what andy linked to, IS a weed burner, it is just a smaller one, which may work perfect. I can refill the small bottles, so cost is no issue. Convenience is, and I am hoping a smaller version of the big burner would work for preheating the relativel small Bandera smoke chamber. I know it will suffice for lighting charcoal .....

thillin said:
Not sure about the small ones. I use this ONE.

That's the one I have, too, Ty. It is great. But Harborfreight does sell a smaller one that might be helpful.

Also, New Braunfels makes one that I've found at Home Depot that is perfect for a small offset-- it's made for that.

lploglight.jpg

I like the full blast trigger that puts out the 3000 degrees! Scared the crap out of me the first time I pulled the trigger.

I wonder if there's an adapter that could be used for the small unit that would allow it to be hooked up to the larger tanks? I wonder this actually becuase I have one of those small Coleman Space heaters that run on the small bottles. I've used it once and thought it would be alot better if I could just plug it into one of the larger bottles and not have to get up in the middle of a cold night while camping to replace the bottles.

OK- I've seen these weed burners that use the disposable propane cans, but they attatch to a log wand (I think it was Northern Tools) I have a Harbor Freight torch. They also make a refill adapter to fill disposables from a 5 Gal. tank. And there are adapters to fit portables (Coleman, Century/Primus, Mr Heater are a few that have ready made) Or an RV supply store should be able to make a custom length hose.

Back