Baby backs on a Cookshack

sterlingsmoker

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I fixes up 3 slabs of BBs today, spritzed with some apple juice apple cider vinager mix,Rendezvous Rub, brushed with pineapple juice butter mix at the 3 hr mark, brushed on some Sweet Baby Ray's sauce with 30 min to go, cherry wood for smoke. Will give these to my brothers for Christmas as BB
PictureorVideo443.jpg
Q ribs were on their christmas list!!

what is this diffrence between a box smoker and a laying down tube smoker?

... you really got the hang of ribs! Where's the fatties ??

Good job!

ghostrider said:
what is this diffrence between a box smoker and a laying down tube smoker?

The verticle smoker give a better utilization of space...ie. more cooking space per square foot. Also, you can usually get better heat control since the heat is doing it's natural thing by rising vs. moving up to the lid and laterally in a horizontal cooker.

However, a lot is in the astethics - some folks really like the look of a horizontal pipe smoker.

When you move up from dept/hardware store sheet metal cookers to insulated (or thicker steel) cookers (ie. Spicewine, Stumps, Jack's Old South, Klose, Gator, Lang, etc.) you get better temp control, more consistent heat with fewer "hot or cool spots".

And then there are the gassers, electrics, electric assisted, pellet machines and so forth like the AO Smoky Mountain Big Block (insulated w/gas burner), Fast Eddie's FE100, or the Cookshack home models, etc.

There are also the standbys like the Big Green Egg and Weber Smoky Mountain cookers.

Asking about the differences in cookers is like asking about the differences in cars...we've "assisted" more than one member during the search for a cooker.

Nice ribs, by the way. You sure those ribs will survive another month??

No they won't! I am givin them on thanksgiving that will be the only time we will be together as Christmas we are with our inlaws.

Thats a neat little smoker you've got there.

:biggrin: they look awful give them to me i will throw them away for u:biggrin:

ghostrider said:
:biggrin: they look awful give them to me i will throw them away for u:biggrin:

Send one rack to Ghost and the other to me......we will dispose of them properly:biggrin:

Back