Cook for the Troops

No, it was Lionel that ended up taking the route through Alaska to get to CA.

Things are going well Guerry, there will be a new thread, probably in Q-talk, or somewhere like Woodpile, where I am more comfortable. We have all foodstuffs. I am going to throw together some Carolina vinegar stuff tonight. Don't want that stuff too fresh needs some time to marry.

The Sergeant sent me a note, after seeing all of the volunteers, most being Brethren and she wanted to express commands great happiness that so many people were willing to show up and help these folks.

Fark, I wish I knew sooner. I woulda flown out early (not that I'd be any help, but I could play the part of Bob's BIL, to keep him feeling young). Do you guys need any donations? I'll add $50 to the food collection plate when I get in next week.

Yes, we would gladly take the donation. We are just touch and go here, and a donation would be great. Thanks.

We are not serving steamed turkey.

One must wield the power of steamed turkey in a responsible manner.

If I wasn't going to King of the Smoker on Sat. and working on Sunday I would have loved to have headed up there - sounds like a great time. Y'all have fun and good on you guys for doing this.

Wish y'all the best of success! It's a great thing, I have been honored to be a part of two of them so far. I'll be in San Diego this weekend, other wise the wife and I would've came to help!

And we all know Bob is taking Salmon Pie......

This recipe has been tested by a real live person from North Carolina, John Shepard, and is named to honor another one, Lionel Batemen, no way did I go light on the mustard. In fact, I think both of those gentlemen would note that there is way more mustard in there, than was ever necessary.

Actually, it doesn't have mustard. Although I did create something I call GCS, for Generic Carolina Sauce, it was created just to poke fun at John Shepard and Lionel Bateman III. It turned out pretty good. For this, I am using half a gallon of cider vinegar, 3 tablespoons of black pepper, 3 tablespoons of Lucky Dog hot sauce and some ketchup.

Back