Had to Share

Papa Q

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Did some country style ribs on the Weber One Touch with a Memphis style rub...had some nice heat on the back end. The cook was 1 1/2 hours at 275 with apple wood for the smoke. Sauced them up real good and I have to tell you the best part of the cook was sitting at the table. Sauce was a Memphis style as well with tomato paste, dark brown sugar (I use light for the rubs), apple cider vinegar, chili powder, and of course cayenne. Washed it all down with a Yuengling (or three). Still have trouble getting the wife to believe that nice pink ring around the meat is smoke and not raw meat.

Attachments

• IMG_0002a.jpg
    IMG_0002a.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0003a.jpg
    IMG_0003a.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 142
Actually I wanted Sam Adams but they were out of it when I went to pick it up...Yuengling was a close second. It went well with the ribs as they had some real heat on the end and the lager is a bit lighter than Sam Adams.

Freaking with you on the wife not buying the pink meat is from smoke and not undercooked. Every freaking time with chicken. Every. Freaking. Time. It's been going on for like five years or some such nonsense. I'm leaning towards accepting she's just screwing with me at this point, but then again...

Nice looking pork strips. I would hit that..

I had to look up online and show to the wife the web page before she would accept smoked chicken and turkey as being done.

Back