View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
cmohr74
Full Fledged Farker

Default Bi-weekly BBQ Catering Idea looking for feedback

Looking for feedback on an idea. I saw this when I was on vacation once and it sparks interest in me in transitioning into the bbq world. Maybe jumbled with information, so bare with me please. I am looking into getting into small catering things and got quotes in the insurance and forming an LLC to CYA. Once every other week, generally on a Friday or Saturday, I would rent out the certified kitchen space at the park district. I would also rent out space at the park next to the kitchen facility that has the soccer and baseball fields and whatnot. To help offset costs and promote the park district and get possibly reduce the cost of the rental space, a percentage of the total would go back to the park district. This way I could get rental fees for free for promoting their memberships. I would hand out flyers at the park district and hang a banner at the park a week ahead of time that Friday night is BBQ night at this location. I would have them call or email to verify a number of people so that I could figure out an amount. If you show up that day it is at least $1.00 more/pp. One standard dinner of pulled pork sandwich, side of baked beans, bag of chips and a drink is the specificed dollar amount. Any thoughts or feedback on if this idea is worth pursuing would be appreciated. Thank you ahead of time. Figured this would get my foot in the door for getting my name out there.