Spare Ribs pron from the 2nd smoke

gsobbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Good day my brothers. I posted about my first smoke with my 275gal smoker without pics! Well I have a couple today from the 2nd smoke. It did great a gain but I think I'm going to have to use a bag and a half of charcoal. It got really hot that's why some spares got a little darker than I care for but it was alright. It took some finagling to cool it down but finally got it between 250-300. I have a crock pot that I use to let them cook in a little more so they were nice and tender. Next time I will take pics of the end product and the people that came by to buy a rib tray and eat. It was a good day because I almost sold out :grin:.

I really need to snatch a thermometer and I think the sooner I can make mods to the firebox and the heat duct that will help me control temp better.

Oh yeah, I was told about a place in Winston-Salem that had good prices for spares and I tried them out. I was a little skeptical because they didn't look like the spares at Sam's. To my surprise:shocked:, everyone loved them :thumb:. The smaller spares that you see are the Majesty spare ribs from Denmark which I will probable never use again. But the other ones, are the ones I got from Winston.

Attachments

• CAM00083.jpg
    CAM00083.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 91
  • CAM00084.jpg
    CAM00084.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 90
Thanks. I wish I would have been able to get a pic of the finished product.

Looks great!
Many have talked about the crock pot holding idea, yours must have been huge, or it was a Nesco.:confused:
Thanks for sharing, keep the pr0n coming.:thumb:

Looks great!
Many have talked about the crock pot holding idea, yours must have been huge, or it was a Nesco.:confused:
Thanks for sharing, keep the pr0n coming.:thumb:

Thanks for posting. The crock pot I have is a 17 quart that I got on sale from Walmart for like 20 bucks. The brand name is Rival. It works perfect. I am about to buy another one for chicken.

Back