Pulled the trigger on a ceramic cooker

Welcome to Ceramic cooking! No big deal eh? Other than saving a HUGE amount of fuel, your food staying moist and delicious and easy to use.... there is no difference between cooking on ceramic and any other cooker :icon_blush:

Anyone use non-KJ plate setter that's better? Or is the KJ one the one to go with? Was looking at the PSWoo on the Ceramic Grill Store's site....

Even the classic KJ plate-setter is superior to the BGE plate-setter IMO. I would definitely go with the KJ deflector and I've used both. That new design would be SWEET if they end up making it for the Classic. I'll have to check with Bobby on that...

I probably owned the first KJ in SC and it's never let me down. Bought mine in 2009.

Anyone know the weight of just the base & lid of the Classic with nothing inside of it? So no fire box or ring or grate.

She's home safe and sound...now i just have to give her a name.

DSC_0120_zps302aadb0.jpg

DSC_0119_zpsbfa69548.jpg

I wish I could afford one... Congrats on the new cooker.

Ar

Have a BGE'S and use the adjustable rig. I LOVE IT! I like the half stone but more than that, I love all the die rent levels to cook on. Especially the spider for searing.

You're gonna have fun, eat well... and indulge in a nap (or whatever) during your smoking sessions.

Congrats. As far as the heat deflector, I am not sure how you can get any better than the KJ one. That air gap is perfect. Have not used a split deflector. Thinking of a BigJoe this year, that price you got was awesome. What a deal. So much fun to cook on, in any weather, at any temp. For me it's a true northwest grill, doesn't matter what the elements are, I can roll however I want unaffected. Enjoy.

Back