• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

simple pricing

B

bbqsmoke

what would be about the average price to get a small restaurant or a mobile vending vechicle to start a real small business. I want to do something in bbq but dont want to jump into something that will never happen. What are the chances in getting a loan for something like this to. thanks yall

Too many variables to put a price on, like location of space, condition of space, cost of construction, etc. It took 106k for equipment, TI's and Working Capital to open our doors, that was in Anthem AZ in 2010. It is a small 1600 SQ ft place with 34 chairs.

As a former Banker, I would think there is almost Zero chance for a new Start up from a bank. I worked 15 years as a commercial banker and even in the good times, it was near impossible to finance a start up restaurant.

Funny, I work more now. But I have much more fun.

was trying to look into something were it was just to go orders. come to the window and get your plate. is catering cost as much as a restaurant. I just want to work in bbq. if I could get hired I would be there in a heartbeat. im from ga but jobs are tough. If I find work in bbq im even willing to get the family and move. my love for bbq.

You can spend 15-40k getting in to catering and mobile concessions and 75-300k for a basic start up restaurant. I am sure you could spend more or less for both but this will give you a good idea of the range.

thanks for the info, it gives me something to work towards.

You may want to start catering first to get a feel for things before you invest in a brick and mortar business. I see a lot of guys start by going the competition route first and then when you have the cooking and timing down, along with lots of trophies to hang in the restaurant, you will have a lot of publicity and are able to generate a good client list.

i think to start off i want to work for somebody. Ive been doing backyard q for a good while and went to myrons school so if anyone in ga is hiring send me a pm. thanks yall

Back