• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brother 3-Eyz Chicken

btcg

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi all,

Cooked up some chicken last night. Wanted to use my BWS Chubby, but decided on the gasser instead, as it was chicken.

Prepared a small smoker package of cherry chips (I was lucky. Lowes had some Cherry chips they'd just put out, and I scooped up 4 bags of em), and heated up my Vermont Casting's gasser.

Having seen brother 3 Eyz on BBQ Pitmasters (I believe the gentleman is named Dan), and noting that he lives in Maryland, I decided to buy some of his rub when I ordered a few temp probles for my NanoQ, recently. Hit Giant Foods, and they had a great sale goin on with their chicken, so I was in business:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Brother 3 Eyz rub was EXCELLENT! I highly recommend it. Made sides of my coleslaw, and a new dish: sweet potatoe cut in wedges and pan roasted with cauliflower. The wife loved it (that's all I ask for).

Now, the chicken was moist, and tasty. I attribute this to my after-cook technique. I pull it from the grill (when all of my readings on the pieces are in the 170 range, and NOT before), place it on my serving plate, and wrap it in foil and allow it to rest for 1 full hour. The end result is some pretty moist chicken.

I don't put sauce on, because everyone here has their own blend (I make em all).

Great dinner. Great rub.

Get you some, and Myron would say.

+1 on the 3Eyz. Just ordered 3 more from Big Poppa. Love the uniform granularity and no anti-caking B.S. And it does not cake like others that I have tried that DO contain said anti-caking agents. Go figure. Stuff rocks.

+1 on the 3Eyz. Just ordered 3 more from Big Poppa. Love the uniform granularity and no anti-caking B.S. And it does not cake like others that I have tried that DO contain said anti-caking agents. Go figure. Stuff rocks.

No caking at all for me, but I don't use as much as some. But the flavors were great. Thought the rub to be very good for chicken, and would use it again.

Very Nice! I'm diggin' your sweet potato/cauliflower side. Did you do anything to it other than roast it? Did you hit it with evoo or anything?

Very Nice! I'm diggin' your sweet potato/cauliflower side. Did you do anything to it other than roast it? Did you hit it with evoo or anything?

Yes,

Evoo, some ginger, poppy seed, and a pat (actually, 2 when the wife wasn't looking) of butter. Butter at the end of the cook, so there's no flavor loss or turning rancid.

Let's Go Red Wings!

Nice looking chicken Brother! I'll have to give 3 Eyz rub a go here soon.

It goes without saying that the chicken looks awesome but I also have to mention the coleslaw........looks like it's made just the way I like it!

Good looking bird! Love the accouterments too:thumb:

Dan's rub is fantastic! I'm lucky enough to be able to buy some in person whenever I need it.

Back