AB Steak for dinner

Pyle's BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I did the pan sear technique that AB has done on his show.
I found NY Strip for $6.99/lb at Hy-Vee this one was about 1-1/4" thick. I tried this last week with some success, it could have been done more. This time I added a minute to each flip in the oven to get it more done. From the pictures you can tell it did not help. I think the steak was not warm enough at the beginning.
I ate it anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 236
Yeah, I would hit that too. In a heartbeat.

Looks good to me - \I could go for a little of that right about now....!

Thanks for the looks and the comments. I generally like my steak on the rare side. Last weeks was not as rare as this one was. I was trying the technique to see what happens when you add time when it is in the oven. Like I said, the steak may have been too cold to begin with. The direction advise the steak be at room temp. I had only had the steak out while the oven was warming up, about 25 minutes.

I know it is going to be tough, but I am going to keep working on this until I feel I have it right.

Man this testing stuff is hard.

Thanks for the looks and the comments. I generally like my steak on the rare side. Last weeks was not as rare as this one was. I was trying the technique to see what happens when you add time when it is in the oven. Like I said, the steak may have been too cold to begin with. The direction advise the steak be at room temp. I had only had the steak out while the oven was warming up, about 25 minutes.

I know it is going to be tough, but I am going to keep working on this until I feel I have it right.

I know. I know, and I feel SO sorry for you, having to eat all that steak. :frown::biggrin:

Hang tuff brother! Way to take one for the team.:lol:

Back