Philly Cheez Wit

Eatin Smoke

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Living in the midwest I often crave one of my favorites from Philly.......a Cheesesteak w/ Onions!

Fired up the BSK. Started out frying some onions on the cast iron pizza pan

bcf3bb7d.jpg

Added thinly sliced ribeye steak

7ce747c1.jpg

82f44a09.jpg

Fresh loaf of french bread

4cad1d9e.jpg

824f99dd.jpg

8938feb6.jpg

360c4af8.jpg

c1eeab34.jpg

Tasted great but there is still nothing like the real thing!

I am not a native to Philly but isnt a Philly Cheese Wit a cheesesteak with cheeze wiz type product?

That looks delicious! The thin sliced ribeye is the bomb! :thumb:

picture.php

Looks great from here too!!

Dam that looks great making me hungry brotha!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Nice. :thumb:

I was born 24 miles from Philly, and lived there until I was a teen. I ate a lot of cheesesteaks, and a lot of hoagies.

I've been meaning to make some real ribeye cheesesteak sammies, but just haven't pulled the trigger.

I'm sure my local Kroger will wonder why the fark I want them to slice ribeye sandwich thin, so I'll probably do it myself.

I grew up eating it with provolone and onions. I've actually never had it with wiz.

Thanks.

CD

I am not a native to Philly but isnt a Philly Cheese Wit a cheesesteak with cheeze wiz type product?

That's wiz-with. Not widespread. The "with" is grilled onions.

CD

Traditionally you say two things to the person taking the order:

Type of cheese
With or Without

If I said "Philly Cheese Wit" to them, I'd expect what you said... whiz with onions.

dammit I keep coming back to this post (I like to see how cultured people are when it comes to "philly" cheesesteaks) and I REALLY could go for a cheesesteak now...wish I didnt have work tomorrow or Id be heading on down to Philly:thumb:

Wiz wit for me!

That looks SOOOOO good! I've never had a "real" one before, this looks great!

that looks great. and jim's cheesesteaks in philly is better than pats and genos

the more time you spend with people from around philly the more likely you will hit a better place than pats or geno's... they have their place historically but there are some real gems in the city...

Back