Another Great Memorial Day BBQ

che22879

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Labor Day BBQ
The little smoker that could performed flawlessly yesterday! I love it even if it is a gasser! 6 racks of spares trimmed St Louise style, 2 chuck roast and all the trimmings from the ribs. My wife made mac&cheese, stuffed mushrooms and mashed taters and we had hawaiian rolls. I was able to feed 23 people, everyone got seconds and we gave out a bunch of to go boxes. We didnt even grill the carne asada we had. I learned that people prefer the trimmings cuz its all meat. No bone to get in the way.
lol.gif
Used Oakridge bbq beef and pork competition rub on the chucks and spares and used a mix of hickory and mesquite chips in the smoker. Sauced the ribs with Bull's Eye. Left out some Jack Daniels bbq sauce in case any one wanted sauce on the chuckies or trimmings (which they didnt). Was too busy serving food to get pics of the spread we had but got a few outside as I cooked.
090511110707.jpg

090511110654.jpg

090511111320.jpg

Every thing tasted great! But the highlight of my day was actually my breakfast. We went out fishing sunday night and got home at around 2 or 3am. My brother and my sister spent the night over. I prepared the ribs and went to bed at 5am. Woke up at 8:30 to get the smoker going. Needless to say making breakfast was the last thing my wife and I had on our mind. My brother stepped up and went to our local market and picked up a tub of freshly made refried beans, some green salsa, sour cream and made us the most awesome chilaquiles ever! Best I've ever had! He makes em way better than my mom! (I hope she never sees this
uhoh.gif
)
lol.gif

090511104243.jpg

It was an awesome day filled with family, friends and good food!
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
If it was Memorial Day, you're in a space time continuum!

Ribs look awesome. I'll have a rack, please.

Are those stuffed 'shrooms??

If they are, what do you stuff them with.

Man, those ribs STILL look good, even though they're from the future... or past.:laugh:

Are those stuffed 'shrooms??

If they are, what do you stuff them with.

Man, those ribs STILL look good, even though they're from the future... or past.:laugh:
I'll have to ask my wife, she handled all the sides but I think it has clams in them. I'll pm you her recipe later.

Everything looks wonderful! Hope you had a happy Memorial... errr... uh... Labor Day! :becky:

Labor Day? Is that like the 2nd Mother's day? Nice Pr0n either way!

picture.php

Back