Thread: catering scam
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
grillfella
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I received this from my website. I remember reading sometime in the past about a scam like this. The content of this message is very similar to what someone else posted. I have asked my website administrator to block any e-mail from this person. The body as follows:

Am in the hospital now recovering from ear surgery and i will like to let you know that the event date is 28th April 2011, 3pm .]I will like to make an order for 300 people for my company 25th Anniversary on the 28th April 2011, 3pm and there's are the menu of the food i need below. And this is pick up order . And i want it in buffet style and wrraped individually and picking up 3pm and also i will need napkins,silverware. etc. And it will be picking up 3pm on the event date. And also the event hall is just 35minute drive to your restaurant.BBQ Beef SandwichesBBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches[/FONT]
BBQ Roast Beef Sandwiches With Sides: potato salad and chips and coleslaw.]So let me have the price per person and the estimate total for the 300 people order.

Just thought I would share as a heads up for others that might encounter this.

Robert
Yeah I got the same one a while back. recovering from ear surgery seems to be the big tip off.
grillfella is offline   Reply With Quote