Briskie burger were the bomb! (pron attached)

garyk1398

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
After reading all the threads recently about brisket burgers, I just had to give them a try. Without a doubt, one of the BEST burgers I've ever had:!::-D:eusa_clap
Bought me a 4.77 lb flat and a LB of bacon. My youngest gave me a hand and we grounded the meat twice (coarse then fine). Made the patties and topped them off with Bovine bold!
Pron #1: the pile of burgers as they came off the grill.
#2: Gabe wanted to take a pic of his plate.
#3. My plate with it all
#4: My burger with Irish cheddar & some fungus
#5: Gabe enjoying his chow!:icon_clown:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2572.jpg
    IMG_2572.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2577.jpg
    IMG_2577.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2578.jpg
    IMG_2578.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2580.jpg
    IMG_2580.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Awesome, People ask why not use chuck, or ground this...they obviously have not had a brisket burger. Great job

Those look really good... care to pass one over here?

Good looking Brisket burger. Since I have not had one I'll ask what is the advantage? Is the fat content in the 85% range that is the range?

Great looking burgers and happy looking customer! Doesn't get better than that!

Good looking Brisket burger. Since I have not had one I'll ask what is the advantage? Is the fat content in the 85% range that is the range?
The fat from a flat is low, so that is why bacon shoudl be ground with it unless you want a lean burger.:wink:

The flavor is brisket, it's good. Ground chuck tastes like chuck, ground brisket tastes like brisket.

Nice lookin' burgers!!!

Please tell me that's not Bacon Bits on your tater!!! :eek::eek::eek::mrgreen:

The fat from a flat is low, so that is why bacon shoudl be ground with it unless you want a lean burger.:wink:

The flavor is brisket, it's good. Ground chuck tastes like chuck, ground brisket tastes like brisket.

Cool Got it have to try it sometime.

Thanks to all. The wife thought they were kinda dry so I'm guessing they were lower than 80/20. I'm not sure as to the reasons why, but the flavor was outstanding. Maybe it was the bacon but I'm leaning towards the brisket that gave it that "steak-like" taste. Either way I'm doing that again!

I need to do more brisket burgers... next time with my brisket rub on them, and maybe smoked instead of grilled... let's see if it really does taste like brisket!

I need to do more brisket burgers... next time with my brisket rub on them, and maybe smoked instead of grilled... let's see if it really does taste like brisket!
You'll love it! That's what I did here. It's a ground brisket flat formed into a big ol' patty, seasoned liberally with brisket rub and smoked on my WSM at 250 until the burger was 185 internal. Of course, I also topped it with 6 slices of Pig Candy, smoked Cheddar and smoked Pepper Jack cheeses, jalapeno's, french fried onions, BBQ Sauce all piled on an Onion Bun but all that is optional. It was fantastic!
brisket_burger.jpg

Could you taste the burger in all that??? :) With it ground, I only take mine to medium doneness, so they keep nice and moist!

Back