• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Tell me I'm not the only moron to do this...

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So I had my injections all ready to go in the fridge. I'm trying a couple different recipes slightly....

My pork injection is a little darker than usual. Anyways... my mind was elsewhere and I injected my brisket with my pork injection (apple juice based) and my brisket with my pork injection. Brisket is beef broth based.

At least tell me someone else has done this and it turned out ok. Hah!

No but the other day I was mixing up a compound butter for some chicken and grabbed the fennel instead of onion powder:shock: oops. Nobody noticed LOL

I've used Shack Sauce on both once. I was pleased but honestly could not tell much difference injecting vs not injecting. I prefer a light Shack or variant after slicing or pulling.

Earlier this week I requested my wife to poke me on the shoulder if what she was about to say is important , and I would pay attention. It's been a long quiet weekend.

Hehe. I knew I was asking for it, when I posted, but I am kind of curious if others have done this by accident. I have one "good" shoulder with the correct injection so it will be an interesting taste test comparison!

Sorry, but I've never done that... moron. :becky:

CD

You're definitely the only one who has ever done this.....and openly admitted it. I understand your error completely and am quite proud of your honesty.

The upside is that maybe you're gone out on a limb and discovered a brand new process that will help us all.

Let us know how things work out.

The brisket will be good. You just sweetened it up. The pork however will have a little different flavor to it. Are you planning on pulling and saucing it?

I plan to pull it and slice it. I trimmed both shoulders to partially separate the money muscle as an experiment. I'll use them as my taste test comparison too when I separate them all the way and take off the cooker. It should be interesting if nothing else.

You were drinking right? Blame it on drinking!!! I have not done this Jason but I have.....several times.....ran back to town for apple juice for injecting. Then fire up the pit.....throw on the butt.....go get a beer.....CHIT!!! FORGOT TO EVEN INJECT!!!

:icon_shock1: its a wonder it didn't explode when the wrong injection went in, kinda like the ghost busters crossing the streams on the proton accelerators. But then again you might be on your way to a new creation such as the tur-duck-en:becky:. at the least it is an "unofficial " experiment

Back